Possible FRPS issue?

TenthScale

Established Member
So my car stalled twice today when sitting at a light.. A few other times I noticed after sitting about 30 secs the idle droped really low almost to stall and came up..

QUick blip of throttle gets it back up...

Well tonight I walked by the car bringing the trash out and there is a really strong smell of gas. Its too late to look at it tonight.. but I was hoping its just the FRPS?

2 questions.. 1 if thats what it is any chance of getting warrenty coverage on it?

and second. Anything else I need to do if I replace it? I read something about having to change oil???

Sucks as I am getting the car tuned and pullyed in like 10 days so If there is an issue it needs to be adressed ASAP.. Thanks.

Ante_Up

Established Member
Yep....you can pull the vacuum line off the FRPS and see if there is any gas in the line, also.....you can pull the dipstick and smell for gas. If your sensor did go bad, you will have to change the oil

TenthScale

Established Member
Ante_Up said:
Yep....you can pull the vacuum line off the FRPS and see if there is any gas in the line, also.....you can pull the dipstick and smell for gas. If your sensor did go bad, you will have to change the oil

well some good news.. I went out to check the oil to see if it smells like gas.. and its fine.. looks brand new too.. only like 1000 miles on it.. Anyway seems the smell of gas was from my neighbors ride.. must have dripped gas after filling up tonight.. I smelled by his cap and it was super strong.

Now this does not explain my sudden issue with crappy idle.. FRom some searching it seems it could be the FRPS if it was just a small hole.. but seems unlkly as the car runs fine when not idle.. So the other things I see are maybe dirty MAF, or altanator.

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread