Possible project - need some opinion

gtmustang003

Established Member
first off this is a project that a friend wants to do that I am probably going to help him get it done and it's really not my cup of tea but its not my car....And I have never really seen or read about this being done.

The car is a 89 GT hatchback...the motor is a 86 454 Chevy big block. Obviously getting the motor to run in the car is not an issue concidering its a carbeurated motor. Getting it to fit on the other hand I think is going to be the problem.

Ive heard of chevy small blocks getting put in fox bady's all the time but I have a feeling this is going to be a different animal.

Anyone out there done or have heard of such a swap being done?

1cbitten

Established Member
Haven't checked but a 4.6 or 5.4 mod motor maybe larger than a BBC or very close so you may get some ideas from someone that has done this swap.
Sorry could not be more help.

gtmustang003

Established Member
Thanks for the info.....

Talked to AJE racing they make a k-member kit with motor mounts with a front coil over kit and a trans crossmember as well. Its a direct bolt in...Looks like were in business.

Just wondering how it will hook up with the extra weight.

MineralGray02K

NYMustangs.com
Established Member
I can't really offer you any tips or advise, but I want to wish you luck man. That sounds like a big project that will be a lot of fun. Definitely post up some pics!

Users who are viewing this thread