possible rims

which shoes???(all options are by pictoral order)

• the jba model car rims...dunno the name of 'em tell me if you got the secret

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • black bullitts

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • chromies

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • halibrand look a like only in a 18" dia.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • the Ronal LZ

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
there is a possibility for me getting some new shoes and i was wondering what your opinions were...yes i am putting new rims on a V6 mustang and yes i know some of you will say "errr why a V6" but the real reason why i want to do this is that the tire size is a 215/65r16 i want at least a 215or 245/45 or 40 series. i hate the tire roll round the corners and it feel weird some times...plus 16" rims are kinda goofy, but its not like i hate the car.so that being said here are some of the rims i was looking at getting.btw it is a windveil blu stang as u can see by my name...

http://www.jbaheaders.com/images/vehicles/05mustV6_34.jpg
or
http://www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/images/large/bullitt-blk.jpg
or
http://www.fortesparts.com/0304CDPICS/images/M1007B178C.jpg
or
http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos...ng_v6premiumcoupe_2005_exterior_8_346x270.jpg in a 18" rim
or
http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels/opt-images/lz/lz_satin_black.jpg

if you look at the 2nd to last pic you can see the tire's side wall and they look like they belong to a suburban.., i want the low profile tire look and performance. i dunno if this will happen or not but i like what i got i just want to improve what is already there.

Last edited:

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
FoMoCoStang said:
And i had a modded 4.0SOHC in my ranger. No way your car is faster than my fox.
didn't say it was faster than YOUR car...but if you look at the stock numbers there is some heavy competition

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Get the ones in the first photo; they're unconventional for a Mustang, but they look good.

pottsy

Established Member
05 windveil blu said:
didn't say it was faster than YOUR car...but if you look at the stock numbers there is some heavy competition

Good luck trying to find a stock 5.0 Fox body. And you wonder why people bash V6 owners.....it's because of statements like this....

:lol:

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
"05 V6 > 80's-98 GT's"?

Are you ****ing stupid? From 1985-present every year GT would tear you a new asshole. No, you aren't even close. Kids :rolleyes:

93gt306turbo

Established Member
Iraq currently, Virginia beach Va in the states
The 05 V-6's are comming stock, putting down more than a 85-98 Gt's. So Fuzzy your not exactly right. You get a good driver and plenty of modifications. An all motor V-6 reprogrammed would beat one of the older GT's. Especially 96-98 Gt's even with mods they where just breaking the 200hp mark 205-215

Now the V-6 does not put nearly enough Torque down to get out of the hole as the Gt's do. I am looking at doing a ford 3.8L V-6, just to see what the ford v-6 can handle.

But you are comparing Apples and Oranges technology has made great strides since those days.

Just my .02cents

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Get the chrome 3rd one. 194rwhp is pretty amazing. My '01 modded GT put down 222rwhp. :( The last dyno day I was at most Gt's were in the 220-240 range. The machs were a lot closer to the 280-290 range.

05 V6 > 80's-98 GT's = retard

Last edited:

FoMoCoStang

Rollin the Fox..
Established Member
My Ranger put down 214hp and 243tq .. It was close to my "stock" fox.. But not as fast.

My ranger had 4.10's and my fox has 3.08's . The fox gets out the hole ALOT faster.

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
A Fuzzy Bunny said:
"05 V6 > 80's-98 GT's"?

Are you ****ing stupid? From 1985-present every year GT would tear you a new asshole. No, you aren't even close. Kids :rolleyes:

:bash: actually the 94-98gt's put down 215hp at the crank and i put down 210hp very close...AND i said that "05 V6 > 80's-98 GT's" because the newer mustangs are much nicer than some of the older mustangs interms of what the interior is like and the general styling of the car. and of course i am talking about stock mustangs vs. stock mustangs.

at our last dyno day in the northwest i was expecting alot of flak from the cobra and GT guys but EVERYBODY there had respect for the new V6's and how they sound and perform.

ford has said themselves on their tutorial of the new mustangs that the new V6 mustangs will out perform some of the older mustangs.

just because i said that my mustang is a fast and it is a V6 doesn't mean i hate V8 or even hate some of the older mustangs. i love all mustangs with the exception to the mustang 2.

the other point i have to bring up is that i hafve seen other older model V8 mustangs in my review mirror. not by much but still i think that the newer mustangs do earn respect. C&D said that "the new power of the V6 mustangs no longer makes you a sissy because you got the 6 rather than the 8" and that is a direct quote. C&D only had one negative thing to say about the new mustangs and that was the body roll that was produced by the suburban tires...sounds familiar huh. oh wait and they also said that it had more HP than the older 5.0L WOW :burn:

if you aask any of the guys from the West who have seen or riden in this car they will say that it is very nice for a V6

that being said lets not forget that we are all on the same side..we all like mustangs and we all like fords. so dont be h8n and start particip8n aight.....j/k:beer:

Last edited:

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
Dude you guys really gotta chill out, we are all mustang owners and we should respect each others cars. Why is it all a competetion? I have ridden in his car and I have ridden in the older stangs and stock for stock his stang would clean an older gts clock. HOWEVER it will take alot more mods to his car than it would to an older GT to make the same hp differences. V8's naturally make more power and especially torque. I can easily walk him in my mach, but I don't think any less of his car because of it, and I dont give him a hard time. It's a gorgeous car and it's NOT ALL ABOUT HORSEPOWER!!!! He could have bought a ricer, I mean come on guys save your rippin for them not for people with stangs. You guys get a little carried away, like somebody attacked you personally when we start talkin hp. You need to be ok when somebody disagrees with you. Just calmly state the facts and dont get all up in arms. I will say without a doubt his car is fast and could be even faster with a tune change. I will also say that this was NOT the thread to be rippin into him about hp. He was asking about wheels and you guys totally departed from the point. As for his wheels, Shawn I think you should let him do the wheels, he takes really good care of the car. It's not like it is a performance part, if anything it makes the car safer. I TOTALLY agree that the tires on that car need to be replaced they roll like CRAZY. Ford never should have even put them on anything but their explorer. I personally would do the same rims you have only in a bigger size. The car is big and needs big wheels/tires. That car is like 4" longer and a fair bit wider than our cars and he has 16's. We all have 17's, and if I didnt I would within a week of buying the car! Greg maybe you should consider some take-off bullitt, mach, or cobra rims. I think they would be alot cheaper than aftermarket rims.
Let's have peace around here, cuz we are all part of a family. :beer:

Last edited:

dks

Established Member
All those rims look like ASS.
If you could get some for free, I would chose the the most unshittiest one, #1.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
The bullit wheels above have the wrong off set....looks like a lawn mower....try and find a set of the bullit wheels that the 05 GT's come with....

Users who are viewing this thread