Possible trade what's It worth??

csilvers1984

Established Member
Might have some trades lined out and wanted to get an opinion on what you guys think this cobra will bring.

03 anni with 75k car has a salvage title from the front bumper being burnt bc it was next to a house fire.

2.8 pulley 460whp
steeda cai
centerforce clutch
bbk or/x
magnapacks
heat exchanger
ic coolant resi
msd 2-step
Pcv catch
sra 4.56s
upr control arms
fr500s with nt05 drs
gauges etc also has double din DVD/cd

Not a set trade but might consider if I can sell the car.

VictorySong

Established Member
Can you even drive it with a salvage title? I know some states don't alow it without the car being checked over by a trooper, not good if it's been modded. 10-12k if it's streetable.

VictorySong

Established Member
the car is for sure driveable ive seen it a few times,i dont have pics right now but ill see if i can get some.

Legally can you take it down to the DMV and get registration for road use? Salvage title usually means parts only, despite true vehicle condition. Are you SURE it's a salvage title and not a REPAIRED title? Not sure how it is up there but, salvage vehicles can't be on the road here. Call your DMV/DPS and ask them. That's the only way to be sure.

csilvers1984

Established Member
Legally can you take it down to the DMV and get registration for road use? Salvage title usually means parts only, despite true vehicle condition. Are you SURE it's a salvage title and not a REPAIRED title? Not sure how it is up there but, salvage vehicles can't be on the road here. Call your DMV/DPS and ask them. That's the only way to be sure.

sorry yes its a rebuilt title!! and yes it is registerd and he drives the car everywhere. sorry for the confusion

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
id say 12,000 or so chris. i wouldnt think just the front bumper being messed up that it would salvage a car. doesnt sound right but who knows

mynameisray

Established Member
When a car is in an wreck and is declared "totaled" the vin is then givin a salvage title as it is "unrepairable" or the cost to repair would take much near the value of the car. then youre givin the option of buying the car back for parts or whatever, but if you rebuild the car good enough for each states standards ( here in w.v. i believe its a 300 point inspection ) then the car car is then issued and branded/rebuilt/reconstructed title and may be licensed, insured and street drivin again.

On a side note, i tend to stay away from those types of title as i tend to trade/sell cars more then my socks and in that line of work its hard to move them because when 50 percent of buyers see title issues they scare away no matter how good it was repaired and the other 50 usually have trouble getting loans on branded titles... Think it though man, if you have over 10-12 k in it you may not make alot of cash. Either way good luck with youre choice.

csilvers1984

Established Member
This car is not going to be a strait trade haha it would come with some boot for sure. I have owned 2 previous rebuilt cars and know how they depreciate. I had a loaded 2007 vw gti and sold it for 10.5k with 22k miles that car with a clean title prolly brings 17-18k
so I'm not looking to make a killing off the car but just some cash out of it. I have turned down alot of trades so if I don't want this one it's no big deal. But we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread