Possible Uneven Spring Solution?

99svtour

Ok, so i have had and read about others having one side or the other of their cars setting higher or lower. On mine there it is a 1/2 inch difference between each. Both my pigtails are facing the driver's side and i have tried switching the springs. So in search of finding another solution, i pondered up taking the higher side's isolator out. The bottom one might at as well come out because it is so worn down. However, removing the top would even it up just enough to not notice. I even thought about carving the isolator down to where there is enough material to stop rusting and squeeks, rather than removing it completely. What are the flaws in this? I mean the thing is off half an inch now and the tires aren't wearing funny so the offset shouldn't hurt it right? Anyhow, any input would be appreciative.

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
are you sure it's not just your eyes that are crooked?:lol:
what's up little bro figured i'd chime in with a useless post. good luck.
gimme a ring this evening. btw if you have a couple more :beer: that car will level itself out. later man.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
I have checked out alot of sn95 cobras and my guess is its just the way the cars are. I am not sure if trying to fix it is the best thing to do. My suggestion is call maximum motorsports. They do alot of R&D work with these cars. Just say you are possibly interested in getting their isolators and see what they have to say.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I just put Eibach drag springs front and back, lakewood 70/30 struts and 50/50 shocks on my 96. The driver's side front sits AT LEAST 1 full inch lower than the passenger side. It's driving me crazy. I don't have any isolators on either side though. The idea of putting the isolators in the lower side to even things up is good, except I like how the low side sits and would rather the high side be lowered to match!

Grrr! Maybe when I installed the springs I pushed down too hard on the high sides control arm and the bushings are binding a bit?

Once I put these fox body a-arms on I'll worry about it. Until then, it's just going to have to stay leaning.

99svtour

I'll try to turn the pigtails towards the center today, but unless someone can chime in and tell me a reason why it would be a bad idea to remove one isolator or remove some material from it, i think i will try that. Thanks for the help?

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
why would it be a bad idea? it's not changing the spring rate or suspension geometry. It's simply changing the height of the body in relation to the suspension.

Right?
I'm sure I'm missing something though, cause I normally do!

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
the only bad thing that can happen from removing the isolators is increased road noise, squeaks, etc. iwhine don't worry about trying to trim them just pull them out if you feel thats what it needs. i don't think there would even be enough material to work with. if you can great at least you'll have something in there to keep from producing unwanted noise:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread