My last test for cooling.
Was using a garden hose.

At idle ,watching Temps..

Fan on radiator did nothing.

Water hose did make temp fall like a rock ,

3 core radiator and I'm good now

How accurate is this?

Did you test on another vehicle for comparison
well im definitely confused..used the combustion leak tester again this morning shows no signs now of fumes..topped off my fluids drove it to the gym highest temperature reached was 204 at stop lights. Checked with data logger now. just arrived at the gym sitting in the parking lot now with car idling ac on temperature reached 206 so far been idling for atleast 5 min give or take. its about 75 degrees today so im sure it wont get too hot.

Sent from my SM-N986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Need to know your fan settings before we can say it is/isn't working. The fan should run the entire time the temp is above the setting. 190/200 doesn't sound far off from what the settings should be.

A leaking thermostat housing won't allow coolant into the combustion chamber. I'd keep an eye on your intercooler level just in case. The o-rings can go bad and let coolant into the lower intake.

If you need a radiator I have an new aluminum radiator I'm not planning on using.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Roger that. Just got home no issues what so ever. Even gave her some throttle spun the wheels in 2nd to about 6k rpms flawless. Unfortunately i dont know the exact numbers i tried asking the previous owner he didnt know what the tune is set for..called the shop that tuned it never got back to me.... but i checked my temp when the low speed on the fan came on it read 196 high speed never kicked on she was under 204 the entire time.
Ooo nice how much you letting that go for?
Need to know your fan settings before we can say it is/isn't working. The fan should run the entire time the temp is above the setting. 190/200 doesn't sound far off from what the settings should be.

A leaking thermostat housing won't allow coolant into the combustion chamber. I'd keep an eye on your intercooler level just in case. The o-rings can go bad and let coolant into the lower intake.

If you need a radiator I have an new aluminum radiator I'm not planning on using.

Sent from my SM-N986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread