Possibly looking to trade...

I am not looking to trade this right away...but might possibly be looking for a trade in the next month or so...and figured I would throw this out there for some of you guys to think about.

What I am looking for is a decently low-mileage '03/'03 cobra. If the car is worth more than mine I would be willing to offer the car + cash.

What I have:
Clean 1994 Cobra with shiny paint (minus the minor blemishes that any '94 would have) no big dents or scratches, but a few little chips on the front. This is not a showroom condition, but very clean and always gets compliments when it's out.

engine:
R-302 block stroked to 331 c.i. with a forged scat crank and rods, upgraded arp bolts and custom cp pistons (internal neutral balance with an ATI super damper)
Bennett racing ported edelbrock victor jr cylinder heads
custom ground turbo cam from bennett racing
holley systemax intake manifold
moroso 7-qt pan
fluidyne large radiator
a lot of stuff left out but it was built by Bennett racing and Jay Meagher at RSP in FL with intentions of making over 1000rwhp with a bigger turbo

turbo kit:
b&g custom turbo kit with a precision 76mm turbocharger (tial wastegate and blow-off-valve, precision air/air intercooler)
3" coldside upgrade, 4" downpipe
custom dual 3.5" exhaust system with Borla mufflers

transmission:
lentech 1500hp rated strip terminator with a fresh rebuild a couple weeks ago and a custom stalled 10' convertor for this setup, B&M supercooler trans cooler, etc...

fuel system:
glenns performance sumped fuel tank, glenn's performance fuel rails, 96lb injectors, dual bosch 420 fuel pumps, etc. full system good up to much more than 1000rwhp

rear:
31 spline strange axles and built up trac-lok from strange
ford racing housing cover
3.31 ford racing gears
axle tubes welded

suspension:
granatelli double adjustable lowers and adjustable uppers
kyb shocks and struts
eibach lowering springs
kenny brown full lenght weld in and bolt in subframes

computer:
accel gen7 dfi standalone, aem wideband system, and tuned by job spetter, jr.

miscellaneous:
17x9/17x10.5 deep dish black bullet rims with a 315 drag radial on rear
autometer sport comp II gauges (boost, trans temp, engine temp, oil press.)

The car (with the PT76GTS) should be capable of a little more than 800rwhp on full boost and race gas through the AOD. With a mannual trans the # would be a lot higher, but the auto was the safer thing to do and will go much faster at the track with this power.

With over 800rwhp through an auto the car is easily capable of very low 9-second quartermile ETs at over 150mph. But for it to run those times a cage would have to be installed. Currently I do not have a cage in the car. With a simple turbo upgrade and better axles/diff. it would be capable of pretty much anything up to about 12-1300rwhp.

It is still in New York being tuned by Job Spetter, Jr. and will be getting it back hopefully this weekend from him. The guys up in NY went over the entire car, rebuilt the lentech trans, re-wired everything, installed the Accel Gen7, welded up the custom exhaust, and made sure everything was done up to their standards.

If anyone is interested post up here if you have an '03/'04 cobra you are looking to sell/trade and maybe we can work something out if this car is something you'd be interested in.

***There's a very small pic of the car in my avatar to the top right...I'll see if I can't get some bigger pics to load up here for anyone who is interested.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds bad. What would the price be to buy straight out?

I will have to see what other similar cars to this are going for and base it off of that.

I'm not lookign to get back what I paid for the parts I put on it like some people think they can do...but it's definately worth a little more than you average HCI + S-trim 5.0 is worth.

The car only has top quality parts and it was not cheap building this thing the way it is....but I'll research some more on what some other guys have been sellign similar cars for and go from that.

OK let me know. I very well might be interested. I would like to see some engine pics.

Once I get some pictures I will post one up of anything anyone would like to see. The only thing that is still stock is the body and the interior pretty much. The complete longblock, turbokit, trans, rear, suspension, standalone computer, etc... everything has zero miles on it currently (except some dyno pulls...so it might have like one mile on everything total).

The only reason I am selling is I am trying to get a good daily driver (you can see why this would be more of a weekend/cruising car haha) and an R6 to ride around on.

No track passes as of yet with the new setup.

With the power it has already put down on pump gas it should be capable of mid 9s. On race gas it should be capable of very low 9s to 8.90s.

There are several other guys running a very similar setup with a precision 76mm who are cutting fown into the 8.90s with the cars weighing from33-3600lbs so I think it has it in it. Job Spetter is doing the tuning right now and he knows his shit so getting the most out of a safe tune is not a question.

If the car has a driver, I would say with practice and the right tires it could see 9.0s-8.90s at 150MPH+ in the 1/4 mile on full boost/race gas. But that is only bench racing here as I have never actually run the car how it is right now. Just going by what it SHOULD be capable of. In street trim on pump gas I don't see it going any faster than a mid-high 9.

PS--also keep in mind that this car still needs a cage...so before any of that will happen a cage must be put in...but other than that it's race ready once Spetter, Jr. finishes up some tuning on the Accel Gen7.

Users who are viewing this thread