Post Pics of aftermarket seats mounted in your car

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Well, its about time I start doing some more weight reduction, and I can think of an easier way than by swapping front seats. Whats the average weight savings?

Also post pics, I'd like something that looks like it could have came factory, and no, I dont want factory Recaro's.

kdaly

Established Member
image2_zpsydc4b89h.jpg

NRG 20lbs each and 10lbs for the bracket. The stock power/heated seats were 61lbs with bracket. Saved 60lbs total. I like them and are very comfortable. No cage or harness at this time. After I installed seats I got a little tired of blowing money.. They are the next items on the list

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
View attachment 49515

NRG 20lbs each and 10lbs for the bracket. The stock power/heated seats were 61lbs with bracket. Saved 60lbs total. I like them and are very comfortable. No cage or harness at this time. After I installed seats I got a little tired of blowing money.. They are the next items on the list

What did you do about your airbag light?

kdaly

Established Member
What did you do about your airbag light?

Not a damn thing yet. I actually havent looked into it much as I have been in it only for a few min since the install. I think you can get a resistor to fix the issue but I havent looked into it yet

corysmach1

Established Member
Which version are these? Reclinable? I couldn't find a weight on the Carbon Fiber ones? I wanna get some seats but light as possible....I am a big dude 6'4 230 so need the wide ones.

Big Q

Established Member
These are them.. Not reclineable but the position is adjustable with a bolt so it will tilt a little.

https://www.getnrg.com/products/interior-products/seats/carbon-fiber-bucket-seats/frp-310

The CF version doesnt offer any weight savings surprisingly. Mine is a medium and im a small guy but I have two 230lb friends that got in it and had no complaints.

Hmmm that's contrary to the statement one of their dealers made to me, CF was supposedly 4lbs or so ligher per seat.

kdaly

Established Member
I didnt get sliders with it. I had to pay extra for them. I called them and they wanted 250 or so and I just checked online while I was waiting on the phone to buy them...

Found these and purchased it. Worked for me... but they aren't sliders. Fixed with multiple positions but you'll have to unbolt them to changed the seating position. Not good for a multiple driver car. Worked for me as Im the only one driving this car.

http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Tensi...pebp=1440685683184&perid=1V14M5V86ND9PJSKEGXD

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
So how much did you pay for those brackets and the seats? I'm debating on getting some in the next few months.

ModBargains

Established Member
Don't have a good picture yet after the cage and the new steering wheel was put in, but I have one right after I installed the seat:

IMG_3181.jpg

Here's one of the cage that got put in with it (before color went on):

IMG_3225.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread