Post up your whipple set up

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I really want to go white but I'm going to settle and go gloss black to match the t/b and some of the under hood things I have in store.
thats cool but a lot of guys tell me they wish they didn’t “settle” after they see my color matched blower. This would look badass under your hood

3A068C4F-14C7-483B-AF45-61AD948AE452.jpeg

joshdj13

Established Member
Well yall talked me into it. This was the first of two coats. I got a little bit of fish eye even after prepping it (sanding/degreasing). I guess we shall see how it turns out after the second coat. Then will wet sand and paint the whipple on the back of the case in black.
20180819_163052.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

joshdj13

Established Member
Just purchased the parts kit, id1050x injectors, spec 2+ clutch and flywheel. Interesting tid bits is that the air inlet in the parts box is for the 132mm t/b just uses an adapter to run the stock t/b and that the s550 t/b has a different angle than the s197 version so it wont fit.

Last edited:

joshdj13

Established Member
I have not seen that thread. Thank you for digging it up. I also wasnt aware that the kit didnt come with spark plugs so I had to get Terry to send me some ngk's. Hopefully I wont hit any other bumps. I also scheduled a dyno tune for tuesday @ 2. I hate I wont be able to drive it this weekend but oh well.

joshdj13

Established Member
Does anyone know what size the intake tube is for the 132mm tb? Whipple sent me the wrong intake tube. Apparently the info they gave beefcake was incorrect. They shipped me the tube and adapter to use the stock tb.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Does anyone know what size the intake tube is for the 132mm tb? Whipple sent me the wrong intake tube. Apparently the info they gave beefcake was incorrect. They shipped me the tube and adapter to use the stock tb.

5.5” OD TB side/5” OD Airbox side. The couplers appear to be the same size, 5” ID

Last edited:

joshdj13

Established Member
Yeah mine came with spacers that held them off 1/2 an inch or so. When I pulled the of it sat flush with where they mounted on the lower manifold.

Last edited:

joshdj13

Established Member
Made a good bit of progress today. Got the supercharger mounted and most of the fittings hooked up. Just have to put pulleys on, install drive belt, mount/plumb the intercooler and put it back together. Kinda sucks that my tuning is scheduled for Tuesday but at least I have a start up tune to check everything over.
20180901_202709.jpeg

joshdj13

Established Member
So quick question on the coolant. Does the intercooler take 2 gallons of water/antifreeze mix and then what ever the radiator holds? The instructions arent worded very clear to me at least.
Screenshot_20180902-095138.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread