Potential mods to the next SVT power plant :)

04svtsnke

Established Member
Well we have a transmission thread, so I'd like to start a power plant thread to see what mods you guys would do if your specific engine was laced in the next halo car. My pick is the. 5.2-5.5 TT. Mods would include:

Modified stock turbos with 3 inch bellmouths, larger compressor/exhaust turbines, with a dual ball bearing upgraded CHRA.

3 inch down pipes w/cutouts
4 inch intakes
Custom tune
Procharger big reds in place of factory BOV's( vented to atmosphere)
3 inch hard pipes to replace factory cold side pipes
Largest possible intercooler with shelby/cobra/svt stenciled in
Upgraded throttle body/ported throttle body

The first 3 plus the intercooler would probably mad out the stock pumps and injectors at low boost. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

*fuel mods are to be assumed with he mods listed"

I could easily see 800rwhp from this.

Let me know what you guys would do.

04svtsnke

Established Member
First, I would wait to see what "IT" is.....

I'm not sure if you even read my post but just like the transmission thread and the other engine thread, this is just a wish list of potential mods to the motor you'd like to see in the next svt model.thanks for sharing your "POTENTIAL" mods with everyone; your post was extremely informative.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'm not sure if you even read my post but just like the transmission thread and the other engine thread, this is just a wish list of potential mods to the motor you'd like to see in the next svt model.thanks for sharing your "POTENTIAL" mods with everyone; your post was extremely informative.

I feel like im a stangnet lol So many variables to even start with that shit. At this point the 5.0's make well over 800 with small turbos kits. 1200 is very common.

Im with freakshow on this one

freakshow12

Established Member
I feel like im a stangnet lol So many variables to even start with that shit. At this point the 5.0's make well over 800 with small turbos kits. 1200 is very common.

Im with freakshow on this one

Thank you. I just think it's funny that there are people who are so busy worrying about the next best thing that they miss the boat on what's out there today. I love my 14 but I also love my 07 and I love my cobra. If something better comes I will get it. I won't just sit and speculate. Show me and I will buy. Just sayin

04svtsnke

Established Member
Thank you. I just think it's funny that there are people who are so busy worrying about the next best thing that they miss the boat on what's out there today. I love my 14 but I also love my 07 and I love my cobra. If something better comes I will get it. I won't just sit and speculate. Show me and I will buy. Just sayin

Being a car enthusiast involves speculation as well. We have a thread with everyone posting what they assume and would like to see in the next halo car. I'm taking it a step farther and asking what would be your first performance mods to them. Also, the almighty 5.0 isn't staying together at 800 for very long. I'd assume if my motor is in the next car, it'll be no different than the previous models( being able to handle 750-800rwhp reliably). I will agree that making power with these newer engines are beginning to become extremely easy which is why we should all be speculating about what kind of monster will be in the next car. Just saying

xenodragon

Established Member
Please check out the pictures on the website at vmptuning.com. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via phone. 321 206-9369 x 112

If its:

N/A - Intake, full exhaust, headers, gears
TT - Intake, exhaust, tune
S/C - Intake, exhaust, tune, pulley

Would like to keep this one closer to stock, dont need anything ridiculous anymore, but still like to mod lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread