Power cutting out?

Tequila612

Established Member
When I start off from a dead stop at about 5K RPM it feels as if the fuel is cut off for half a second and starts right back, almost like I lose power for a half a second... it has a bad shutter...

Anyone know what this could be?

Tequila612

Established Member
Originally posted by PowerCobra98
Is the car stock or is it modified? Need some background before I can diagnose anything.
Pretty close to stock... I have a BBK O/R X pipe, K&N, Shifter, Flows, Eibach sprints, C/C plates...

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
None of your mods would affect you problem you're having. Prett yweird but I am having a hard time trying to diagnose a stock car...I'm used to working off of mods that would cause the problems...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
plugs. Its not the IMRC's - they open up at 3250rpms. Check your plugs and replace them with some good copper plugs. I put some NGK plugs in mine and it ran 10x better. With your mods, get stock gap and heat range but in the copper form. Those platinum plugs suck...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
How dirty is the K&N? it could be dirty and starving the engine at high rpms. Is the filter deformed? In my old 5.0, I over-revved it once and it bent the air filter cause it was sucking in so much air. One thing to check would be the butterflies on the TB. They could be sticking. Doubtful, but checking would rule out the possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread