Power Level 2012 gt500

Stevenochoa4

Established Member
I’m remote tuned by Lund here in AZ for my 2012 gt500 and wanted to see what power I’m kinda at.

Stock blower
Long tube headers
X pipe
Cat delete
Cai
65mm twin tb
2.5 in upper pulley
10% bigger lower pulley
Vmp boost a pump
1000cc injectors
91 with octane booster

I know this just doesn’t affect power but I just swapped to 3.73… how do you guys feel about that gearing in a 2012? It used to have 3.55

Thanks y’all!

HKusp

Established Member
When I first got my 2009, it was a very similar set-up to yours except I had the stock lower pulley. I never dynoed it in that configuration but I figured it was somewhere around 530 to the wheels. I too had 3.73's and I liked them, but once I went to the Gen2R, it got up on the rev limiter pretty quickly in 1st and 2nd. On street tires, traction was severely limited.

einehund

Established Member
Going to guess 580 at the wheels. That is about what I made on 93 octane with stock manifolds and the same mods you listed.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
The only way you will know for sure is by putting it on the dyno.

You have to many variables. Ie, if your in Flagstaff AZ, your altitude is gonna be different than say Meza Az, .....how much actual timing did the tuner write into the tune etc etc.

But someone will throw a # up and I guess you could just go with it

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What did the car baseline @ before the mods ?
As mentioned in post # 4, the only sure way to know is put it on a dyno, EVERY car is different,........................other than that, just a guess !!

Users who are viewing this thread