Power Loss and Altitude

sapper

Established Member
For anyone trying to get good run times on the new Snake, remember, for every 1000 feet above sea level you lose about 4% of your power.

Someone at 2500 feet above sea level would have a 10% power loss. At a mile high you lose 21% power.

Air pressure is also effected by temp and humidity, although I do not know what the calculation factors are for these variables. Can anyone help out with this?:??:

Cat Breath

Established Member
Sure seems like my car is suffering from altitude (denver, mile high). Are you guys at sea level breaking the tires loose in first just by giving it gas? Or am I expecting to much 'cause my last stang was good an fast (butt meter est. 120 1/4 mile)? I'm new to Cobras, and I definately need to improve my launch. Seems like we need to ride the clutch a bit when launching and keep the rpms high to get this beast rolling.

i8u

Established Member
Did you turn off your traction control system? Just a thought.

Last edited:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I am not sure but I don't think the cabin on these things is pressurized...

Therefore your not supposed to change the chip or exceed 155 mph otherwise you run the risk of going over 15000 feet and loosing oxegyn which could lead to power loss...

:lol:

B

blown03cobra

dayum, Im basically at sealevel here in Clear lake (35 min) from the Gulf :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cat Breath> i will let you know about breaking the tires loose.... I plan on takin some vids :beer:

<I am not sure but I don't think the cabin on these things is pressurized...

Therefore your not supposed to change the chip or exceed 155 mph otherwise you run the risk of going over 15000 feet and loosing oxegyn which could lead to power loss... >

I guess it's good I went with the rear spoiler...... Just incase :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread