Power Steering leak???

jason1320

Established Member
I recently noticed some fluid leaking from my car. It is not a lot, just a few drops each time I park the car. The drops land in front of the front driver’s side tire. My first thought was that it might be brake fluid, but the brake fluid level is normal. The power steering fluid on the other hand is a little below full. Since I got the car used, I was not sure if it was that way before or not. After reading the posts here, I think it might be a power steering leak. Everyone else has had there puddle in a different spot. Does mine sound the PS fluid?

I have noticed a strange feeling in the wheel when I first turn it in the morning, almost like a pop, but not audible. Maybe air in the system?

jason1320

Established Member
One more question. I have an aftermarket CAI. Does anyone think the dealer will give me grief about it? I could put the stock one back on, but it would be a pain. Thanks!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
i have catback,k&n fipk, subframe connectors, and braided brake hoses. they gave me no hassle about my rear axle that was going tinka tinka tink.

brake fluid and power steering fluid have different color and smells. what color are your drippings?

a 2003 model year car shouldnt be leaking ANYTHING yet. even if it is a ford. use your warranty. this is what its for.

Users who are viewing this thread