Power steering line issue

sleepermobile2

Established Member
I finishing up doing an eaton swap but have a couple issues . I have clearance issues with my power steering line rubbing on the lower bar that came with metco kit . Not sure what it's called but it's the long bar under the lower . I mannaged to get the line in,but it's iffy at best . Would an 03/04 line be different than 01s ? Any advise would be awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_3752.JPG
    IMG_3752.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 92

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The 03 lines are different than the 01 lines. I made my 01s work though. I had to loosen the mount on the frame rail for them to reach. You can also rotate the fitting on the pump itself if that's where it's hitting.

If it's a rubber line and not going to hit a part that's moving you can just put another piece of line zipped tied over it so that it doesn't wear. They just barely make it and one day when I'm not lazy I'll probably change over to the 03 lines. Just to clean things up.

sleepermobile2

Established Member
The 03 lines are different than the 01 lines. I made my 01s work though. I had to loosen the mount on the frame rail for them to reach. You can also rotate the fitting on the pump itself if that's where it's hitting.

If it's a rubber line and not going to hit a part that's moving you can just put another piece of line zipped tied over it so that it doesn't wear. They just barely make it and one day when I'm not lazy I'll probably change over to the 03 lines. Just to clean things up.

sleepermobile2

Established Member
Thanks ! If I could lengthen that fitting coming off of the pump , it would be perfect . The metal part of the hose is rubbing the bar running under the lower .. I just tweeted the line and bent it a lot .. I'm thinking I will just by an 03 line and see what's up .

Users who are viewing this thread