Power steering noise!!

tire_fryin89

Established Member
Ok, alittle background. The other day on the way home (almost home) my clutch cable snapped !POP!! I was in 3rd gear so I was able to limp it home, as I pulled into the parkinglot at my apt., I killed the motor and whiped into a parking place. The car sit for 4 days waiting on my new cable to arive. Tonight I installed the cable, no big deal since its the third one Ive installed (not on this car) and cranked the car up. And now my powersteering is making a god aweful growling noise, its really loud when I turn the wheel. So I shut it off and checked the fluid and its actually right below the min line and the fluid has alot of bubbles in it but theres no leak anywhere. Since its 1AM Ill wait and get some fluid for it first thing in the morning. Could I have gotton air in the lines while turning into the parking place without the motor running or something?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I had a similar problem. All I did was bleed the system.

leave the cap open and when the car running, I turned the steering wheel left and right...and then added it back up to the correct level and kept doing it. solve my problem

Users who are viewing this thread