Power Steering Pulley Interchangeable

redsvt99

Established Member
I'm wondering if pulleys are interchangable with other ford models. I'm thinking about going to a local junk yard and finding a replacement.
I have a 1999 cobra

redsvt99

Established Member
Are you looking for an 8 rib pulley or is your current pulley damaged?

8 rib pulley? I don't think so, I'm just looking for a stock ps pulley. And I did break my pulley while replacing my ps pump. I went to pep boys and they are expensive. I can get a pulley for like $5 at my local junk yard. I just wanna know if any other ford used that pulley pulley for their ps pumps.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i'm not sure but 4.6 and other models are probably the same. Take your stocker when you go and compare them.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Dude go to autozone and its like $15 bucks, its a dorman pulley, its more of hassle to take that damn pulley out, sometimes if your not carefull you will break the tool while removing/installing the pulley so be very carefull!

redsvt99

Established Member
Dude go to autozone and its like $15 bucks, its a dorman pulley, its more of hassle to take that damn pulley out, sometimes if your not carefull you will break the tool while removing/installing the pulley so be very carefull!

I didn't even realize you posted this. That's way cheaper than pep boys. I'll check it out tomorrow. Is there a reason why it's so cheap. Pep boys were pricing me $50-$80 and it had to be ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread