Power Surge Performance

filthymcnasty

Established Member
Does anyone know what ever happened to Power Surge Performance and Sal Mennella? He was one of the big shot tuners back when you could still pick up a Lightning at the dealership. Last I heard he moved his business to Florida and faded away. Anyone have any updates?

Robert Francis

Established Member
The last I heard about Sal was the same as you: he took his business to Florida several years ago, but unfortunately went out of business not long afterwards. You might check out the "F-150 On-Line" Board and see if he's had any recent correspondance there.

JollyGiant

Established Member
After his business in Florida failed to make a profit he became the manager at a Goodyear store in Florida. That's the last I have heard from him.

LSUstang05

Established Member
The previous owner of my truck had it tuned by him before I moved it down south and had to get it retuned. Ran great while I was at an altitude I felt safe going WOT in and it's been mechanically sound ever since I got it. Shame he isn't still around.

oilwell1415

Established Member
I remember when his form was the L forum to be on. I also really liked how he ran his business. His trucks may not have always been the fastest, but he also wasn't conducting dangerous experiments on his customers' trucks. I remember he wouldn't sell blower pullies for a long time because he wasn't 100% sure you could run them without damaging the engine or blower. Probably cost him thousands.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
I've still got one of his Autologic flip chips for a 6# pulley and CAI somewhere in a drawer that even a local dyno tune couldn't beat powerwise. He was always good about taking calls and answering questions.

Bird

Users who are viewing this thread