Power Window failures

Steve B

Established Member
Who all has had problems with the power windows and what did the dealer do about it?
I was at a carshow Sunday and getting ready to leave, the driver's window won't go up. No big deal, but it was a 90+ mile drive home and there are storm clouds all over the horizon. Made for a rather anxious ride home trying to maintain a speed that avoided clouds I could see, and trying to remember where all the gas stations with canopy's over the pumps were located along the highway (Florida....1 overpass along the whole route:( ). So did it require a motor replacement or something more benign?

i8u

Established Member
Try a search under "window quit working"

I put a new motor in and have not had the problem since. Gt's and coupes have had they problem also. It is not new to the 03's. Apparently there is a dead spot in the motor.
Closing the door with force is a temparary fix. I put a new motor in and have not had the problem since.:beer:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
Some people thought it's the module that controls the "auto down" feature.

Thats what I was thinking. But after talking with a buddy he told me they've been putting window motor's in. So thats what I did. If it happenens again.... Which i hope it won't I look in to it.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread