Power window issue

TungstenGT500

Established Member
All of a sudden my passenger side power window isn't operating correctly. The "auto" up doesn't work from either the driver's side control or from the passenger side control. In addition, when you open the passenger door, the window correctly goes down 1/2 inch or so, but when you close the door it doesn't roll back up on it's own - you have to use the window switch to roll it back up.

The driver's side door operates correctly.

Anybody know if there's a seperate fuse that might be blown? I hate taking my car to the dealer...

Last edited:

Kostas

Established Member
I had read here of someone else that had the same issue, and there is a way to reprogram the window function. Dont remember how though. maybe you should look at your owners manual?? I know it was an easy fix...

TungstenGT500

Established Member
Thanks. I guess it's a guy thing to only read instructions as a last resort...

Fixed in less than 1 minute. I will follow the much-listed advice from now on of "read...post in that order".

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
All of a sudden my passenger side power window isn't operating correctly. The "auto" up doesn't work from either the driver's side control or from the passenger side control. In addition, when you open the passenger door, the window correctly goes down 1/2 inch or so, but when you close the door it doesn't roll back up on it's own - you have to use the window switch to roll it back up.

The driver's side door operates correctly.

Anybody know if there's a seperate fuse that might be blown? I hate taking my car to the dealer...

If the window is functioning at all, this tells me it is not a fuse.

One thing that I encountered on my 08, the window lost its "up" and "down" travel. It had to relearn what is "up" and what is "down". If you are able to put the window down, this is the "learn" procedure. Turn the key on and put the window all the way down and hold the button down for an additional 4-5 seconds, then put the window up and hold the botton up for an additional 4-5 seconds. The computer learns the fully down, and fully up travel of the window and it should work properly, if it does not, well, oh well.............I tried and it worked for me.

In my case above, the battery had been disconnected while we installed headers and the drivers window was partially down, it (the window timing) got all screwed up. The procedure I outlined above is what corrected the up and down travel issue.

R

TungstenGT500

Established Member
Yeah, right in the owner's manual it says that the window functions may need to be reprogrammed (due to low power, I think in my case, as I had not started my car in a couple of months, and it hesitated before cranking over).

Rolling the window up and holding the switch up for a couple of seconds fixed it like I knew what I was doing!

These forums definitely help pin down a problem / solution quicker.. I know I have learned a lot about my car here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread