powerheads.......

97 horse snake

Established Member
with all the talk of N/A cobras lately, i got curious. i called powerheads the other day to see what their ads were all about in MM&FF. they say with the full head kit (p/p titanium valves/ spring package, yada yada) and with their stage I cams, should add about 75-80 hp at the wheels and around the same for tq, which isn't that hard to believe, but would run almost $3k and that's using your own heads. is there a cheaper way to go than this? has anyone had any experience with powerheads? is the spring package necessary? i really like n/a cars and this sounds like the way to go. are these numbers accurate? does anyone have any input?

Last edited:

97 horse snake

Established Member
their website is crap, but they always have a full page ad in every MM&FF. and in a lot of other mustang magazines as well. keep an eye out next time you're reading one. you'll see it.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
What kind of exhaust do you have. Are you running stock or what. Eric 97

97 horse snake

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTMUST97
What kind of exhaust do you have. Are you running stock or what. Eric 97

yeah it's stock. i'll proabably be getting a catted x pipe pretty soon, but that's it. my old truck had a loud cat back on it and it got me into a lot of trouble around here. cops hunt for it. any car with an aftermarket exaust, they will pull over and mess with, so i'd rather not deal with that. it really sucks, cause i believe the mustang to be the best sounding car out there and i would love to make it loud enough for everyone else to hear.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
So do it, and when they pull you over, make sure you point out the 2 shiny new mufflers. I have people yell at me all the time "Get a muffler". As long as you aren't running around town at 7 grand all the time with a kilo of coke in your trunk and 2 warrants, you should be fine. Tell them to blow it out their tailpipe. Cops....

Users who are viewing this thread