Powerlease Options to be mailed.... SOON!!!

cobraracer46

Banned
1993cobramustan said:
The very lucky people who were part of Ford's Powerlease Program back in 2004,
I think you should have said the people who were dumb enough to to be a part of Fords power lease program......... With a calculated interest rate of over 14% the only lucky person in a lease deal is the dealer owner!

drmustang

Banned
cobraracer46 said:
I think you should have said the people who were dumb enough to to be a part of Fords power lease program......... With a calculated interest rate of over 14% the only lucky person in a lease deal is the dealer owner!
It is really hard to believe that anyone would be foolish enough to sign on to a lease with a 14% money factor. That is insane. The monthly payments must be astronomical unless they assigned an unrealisticly high residual value.

cobraracer46

Banned
drmustang said:
It is really hard to believe that anyone would be foolish enough to sign on to a lease with a 14% money factor. That is insane. The monthly payments must be astronomical unless they assigned an unrealisticly high residual value.
Belive it. We all know cars go down the toilet in value the moment they are driven of the dealer's lot so when a car is leased, Some one has to eat the loss of value a car will suffer. The Lease payment is designed to cover the loss caused by depreciation and to provide profit for the dealer and the auto maker. Even though the automakers by law are not required to desclose the interest rate on a lease, reserch as revelied that the avarge interest rate on a lease contract is 14%. Not surprisingly, leasing is the most profitable transaction for a car dealer. Furthermore, Consumer Reports states that leasing is the most expensive way to operate a vehicle.

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
In Response to being called a "Dummy"

In response to being called a "dummy" on going with powerlease let me say this....
1. I made a deal to purchase 2007 Cobra below MSRP
2. I figure if I decided to sell my option, I would get somewhere between 5- 15K for the option.
3. I get to drive a wonderful 2004 Cobra until my 2007 Cobra arrives
4. I have a relatively low residual on the Cobra (23K).....
5. I get one of the first 200 cars produced, which I could flip for a profit

Who's the "dummy".....???????

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
1993cobramustan said:
In response to being called a "dummy" on going with powerlease let me say this....
1. I made a deal to purchase 2007 Cobra below MSRP
2. I figure if I decided to sell my option, I would get somewhere between 5- 15K for the option.
3. I get to drive a wonderful 2004 Cobra until my 2007 Cobra arrives
4. I have a relatively low residual on the Cobra (23K).....
5. I get one of the first 200 cars produced, which I could flip for a profit

Who's the "dummy".....???????
I did not mean to attack any one personally, but any way you slice it, leasing is a very dumb way to purchase a vehicle. Futhermore, your thoughts about making money off a new vehicle that you plan on purchasing are not in touch with reality.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
I did not mean to attack any one personally, but any way you slice it, leasing is a very dumb way to purchase a vehicle...

if you own a business, a lease is quite often the best choice

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
A tax credit is not large enough to offset the big financil losses caused by a lease.

I'm not going to argue with you since you know it all :bored:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Businesses lease vehicals for different reasons than do private parties. Private parties lease cars too, for specific reasons and situations. The average individual who can afford to buy the car would be... fiscally irresponsible (i.e.- nuts) to lease a car without some other angle which offers enough added value to offset the extra cost of a lease (monitarily or some other indirect transitional value).

In any event, it may be good business for Ford to suck up to the lease buyers- they make them more money and we all know where Ford's cash cow is (hint- it ain't the car). On the down side and in a general sense, you piss off your purchasers, who i'd guess are more loyal overall- a little sleezy IMHO.

Good short term business, risky long term- especially if anyone comes out with a competetive option at a simular price point. That's when loyality comes into play, and glad-handing only the high-profit customer is not the way to do it.

drmustang

Banned
cobraracer46 said:
I did not mean to attack any one personally, but any way you slice it, leasing is a very dumb way to purchase a vehicle. Futhermore, your thoughts about making money off a new vehicle that you plan on purchasing are not in touch with reality.
A lease is really not a purchase. You have agreed to pay X amount for X number of miles. These contracts are very negotiable. I lease a 53K vehicle, with a zero down payment and deduct 80% of the payment which gives me an actual cost of slightly over 400 bucks a month for 3 years. There is no way on earth you could "BUY" the same car and come out with it costing that amount. This is actually a very smart way to drive a new vehicle.

COBRA CRUIZER

Established Member
Leases and loans are simply two different methods of automobile financing. One finances the use of a vehicle; the other finances the purchase of a vehicle. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks.

It's not possible to simply say that one is always better than the other because it depends on your own particular situation and preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread