PP and recaros for daily driving?

dom418

Established Member
I'm looking into a GT for my DD but am concerned that the PP and recaro options are not best suited for rush hour, highway and city driving. Never driven a 3:73 gear car as a DD but have heard you get less MPG and have to shift more, plus the high revs on the highway. Then there's the stiffer ride.

I don't track my cars so am I better off with a premium model? I'll spend a lot of time driving this thing so creature comforts are a must. Your thoughts guys? Would the 3:55s be a better option for DD?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
If you fit(try before you buy) the Recaros are far more comfortable than the stock seats and I strongly recommend them.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I have a PP car with Recaro's and drive 32 miles each way to work on the hwy and rush hour, I love the seats,ride, control and feel of the car. I don't drive it everyday, but I do drive it sometimes and if I didn't mind racking up the miles on it I would definitely DD it. Right now with my foot in it lots the car is at 18.3 mpg's with a tune, a CAI, and a loud MBRP exhaust.

dom418

Established Member
I have a PP car with Recaro's and drive 32 miles each way to work on the hwy and rush hour, I love the seats,ride, control and feel of the car. I don't drive it everyday, but I do drive it sometimes and if I didn't mind racking up the miles on it I would definitely DD it. Right now with my foot in it lots the car is at 18.3 mpg's with a tune, a CAI, and a loud MBRP exhaust.
So you don't think the ride quality or gearing would get old on a daily basis?

RSKtakR

Established Member
Naa. I have put 2600 miles on the car now in the passed two months maybe... doing mostly 30-40+ mile one way drives and I like it. Taking the car on a 4hr (one way) road trip to St. Louis at the end of this month as well, and I doubt I have any complaints.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I have over 3000 miles on mine now and drive it for an hour or more each way when I go check up on my other stang in the fab shop or going to events etc. Much better comfort than previous years seats hands down!

For the gearing in the city I sometimes start out in 2nd gear and skip gears like 2-4 or 1-3 shifting.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I have both the 3.73 and recaro's in my Boss and the 3.15 with leather stock seats in my wife's 2015. We DD both and I must say the 2015 is more comfortable. The engine noise and shifting is much better with the 3.15's and the stock seats are VERY comfortable and supportive and they are cooled and heated :)

rrg9946

Established Member
I've done both seats...... For the extra money I would not trade the premium seats. More than enough support for spirited driving and yet very comfortable on any long haul. I drive from souther Cali to Las Vegas for SEMA and it was perfect. Cooled seat make huge difference, especially if you and the lady go out....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm just an a real fan of the 2015 Recaros, but that's because I want a more aggressive seat (like those in the FiST). That said, the S550 Recaros are comfortable on a trip.

dom418

Established Member
What's really annoying is that if you want leather, you have to basically spend the $4k extra on the premium which I don't need

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
What's really annoying is that if you want leather, you have to basically spend the $4k extra on the premium which I don't need

www.leatherseats.com

Check them out. They sell custom leather for the 2015 Mustangs with Recaros. You can get black leather with Alcantara inserts and contrast double stitching for less than $1000 for the whole interior. If you're handy and can follow their how-to video, it should definitely be an option.

GTtoSVT

Established Member
Love my FIST recaros too man! I had to go get recaros for my 14GT after sitting in the FIST.

I'm just an a real fan of the 2015 Recaros, but that's because I want a more aggressive seat (like those in the FiST). That said, the S550 Recaros are comfortable on a trip.

craigstu

Established Member
On my wife's 15 GT Prem w/ PP I really wish we could swap to a 327 rear gear. Her 2010 had a 373 so I thought it would be fine in the 15 but NOT. She doesn't really notice that level of detail but I don't like it. I usually drive around one gear higher than I did same road, corner, etc. in the 2010. I also do a bunch of skip shifting. RE seats, you have to really, really want the recaros in my opinion. The stock seats are much more supportive than the 2010 had. They also move electrically and are heated and cooled. I have Ultrashield aluminum race seat in my Factory Five cobra so I appreciate what the Recaros could do but we don't autocross the Mustang so standard seats for us.

Jagger227

Established Member
I have a base GT with PP and Recaros. I most definitely don't daily it, but if i had to i would love it, the seats are ridiculously perfect for someone my stature (6' 2" 180~ lbs) and even with the 3.73's its at like 2k rpms at 70 mph or so. I come from an sti which at 70mph your screaming over 3k so this gearing seems far more practical. Ive only put 240 miles on mine so far but its been averaging about 17mpg.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'm the opposite. I'd like to have cloth seats but with all of PP interior options. I prefer cloth seats for the track.

morganater

Established Member
I just bought my PP Premium Recaros new off the lot in Houston, TX and drove to Seattle, WA in 2 days. about 1,100 miles a day, all solo. I actually started the trip with a sore back (from sleeping on the airplane) and had NONE once I started driving.

RECAROS x10000

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Went Grand Rapids Mi to Carlisle Pa in one day, first time I was ever able to do that without major back pain, advantage Recaros. Haven't been in a 2015 so can't comment on the stock seats. As far as gearing goes, you get used to whatever you got, and in a couple of weeks it really won't make a difference. The Boss is real light on creature comforts, so my tolerance for ride quality/NVH may be higher than the average.

Users who are viewing this thread