PPRV Delete for Dummies [HD Video : Step by Step]

daydark

Established Member
It seems some people are wary to tackle this mod and are paying shops to do it for them. Waste of $! It's very fun and easy to do it yourself. Watch this step by step video and you'll have no problems.

http://vimeo.com/2134128

Also, in case you missed it, here is the Eaton removal video. The KB 2.2 installation video will be coming soon (nearly done)

http://vimeo.com/2011187

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Nice vids, I'm sure I'll watch these again before I tackle my future PPRV delete and S/C swap.

One question, did I miss something because I didn't notice the intercooler when the S/C case came off??? Got to watch the ending again!!!

LOL

:beer:

Later...Dave

mikeygfly

Established Member
ok ok im not exactly sure what this mod actually accomplishes but in anycase why is it that you have to go through the trouble of adding clamps and whys to the set up? why couldnt you just put a coupling inline of where the "pprv" used to occupy??

aslo, what the hell does "pprv" even stand for?

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
ok ok im not exactly sure what this mod actually accomplishes but in anycase why is it that you have to go through the trouble of adding clamps and whys to the set up? why couldnt you just put a coupling inline of where the "pprv" used to occupy??

aslo, what the hell does "pprv" even stand for?

Some have said in past threads that PPRV stands for Positive Pressure Relief Valve but I think the correct meaning is actually Parallel Pressure Relief Valve.

Some people just remove the valve and replace it with a free-flow 3/8" barbed connector and a couple of clamps...keeping all of the stock OEM flexible ribbed hose in place.

Others have replaced some or all of the sections with new (fuel submersible) hose and clamps. Most PPRV delete kits that are sold by vendors include 3 sections of hose and 6 clamps to completely remove all of the stock OEM flexible hose.

The theory behind changing all the hose out is the stock OEM flexible hose has an accordian shape with ripples along the length of the hose. Obviously the OEM hose shape allows for the hose not to kink-up in tight bends. People that change it out feel that a smooth replacement hose will allow better fuel flow. Some have experienced kinks after replacement so keep this in mind when you're routing the hose. You may have to use tie wraps and hose clamps in certain locations to keep the replacement hose from kinking.

You get varying opinions on which approach works better and some even say that the PPRV delete doesn't work anyways. They believe PPRV deletion may lead to other fuel pressure problems.

For example, some say the hesitation problem can be eliminated in a tune without PPRV removal. Others have mentioned that the FRPS sensor located on the driver's side fuel rail is prone to failure after the PPRV delete mod is made. Their reasoning is the PPRV valve protects from fuel system spikes that will eventually blow out the FRPS sensor. Some have solved the resulting FRPS problem with a flow ristictor washer from Kenne Bell.

The majority of the people I know that had the hesitation problem cured it with the PPRV delete. There are others (stock and modified) that I've spoken to that have never experienced the hestitation problem in the first place. This leads me to believe that the PPRV valve may have a flaw in it's design or may become clogged in certain situations.

I have the hesitation problem and plan on deleting the PPRV...I'll keep you guys posted!!!

Later...Dave

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Some have said in past threads that PPRV stands for Positive Pressure Relief Valve but I think the correct meaning is actually Parallel Pressure Relief Valve.

Some people just remove the valve and replace it with a free-flow 3/8" barbed connector and a couple of clamps...keeping all of the stock OEM flexible ribbed hose in place.

Others have replaced some or all of the sections with new (fuel submersible) hose and clamps. Most PPRV delete kits that are sold by vendors include 3 sections of hose and 6 clamps to completely remove all of the stock OEM flexible hose.

The theory behind changing all the hose out is the stock OEM flexible hose has an accordian shape with ripples along the length of the hose. Obviously the OEM hose shape allows for the hose not to kink-up in tight bends. People that change it out feel that a smooth replacement hose will allow better fuel flow. Some have experienced kinks after replacement so keep this in mind when you're routing the hose. You may have to use tie wraps and hose clamps in certain locations to keep the replacement hose from kinking.

You get varying opinions on which approach works better and some even say that the PPRV delete doesn't work anyways. They believe PPRV deletion may lead to other fuel pressure problems.

For example, some say the hesitation problem can be eliminated in a tune without PPRV removal. Others have mentioned that the FRPS sensor located on the driver's side fuel rail is prone to failure after the PPRV delete mod is made. Their reasoning is the PPRV valve protects from fuel system spikes that will eventually blow out the FRPS sensor. Some have solved the resulting FRPS problem with a flow ristictor washer from Kenne Bell.

The majority of the people I know that had the hesitation problem cured it with the PPRV delete. There are others (stock and modified) that I've spoken to that have never experienced the hestitation problem in the first place. This leads me to believe that the PPRV valve may have a flaw in it's design or may become clogged in certain situations.

I have the hesitation problem and plan on deleting the PPRV...I'll keep you guys posted!!!

Later...Dave

Well how did you make out?:pop:

chitowncobra

Established Member

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
nice. i will be using this over the weekend. thanks.

Zeekmann

Established Member
very nice, what does a shop charge for this??? Just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread