pre dyno.. guess my HP ?? : D

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
These "guess my dyno #s" threads are bad luck. Cars usually end up making 0rwhp/0rwtq or the OP never returns!

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
sorry guys for the late response. dyno numbers were as guessed by some. lower then i hoped. my lockup is working properly so i couldnt lock it up, and my converter is pretty loose. made 734rwhp. my main goal was to drive to the track and run 9's then drive it home. and it does just that so i am happier with those results rather then big dyno number! gonna fix the lockup and see what it makes after that.

[video=youtube;wJKBSTs2OHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJKBSTs2OHw[/video]

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
here is my dyno sheet, 734/688. some people reading the dyno sheet think i have a restriction somewhere. i had the turbo guard on during the pull i shoulda removed it, but the restriction from local turbo grudge racers they are thinking is my intercooler. i got it used, no idea who makes it. nothing on it to tell me anything, it is 4" think but it small. so maybe over winter i will put a better intercooler on it see if that helps also. this is my first turbo setup im still learning! :bowdown:
s4meqd.jpg

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
on the dyno when we did the pull, the RPM shot up to 5,500rpm and just sat there for a min and slowly worked its way to 7k rpm. the car sounded pissed and seemed to be making some power! ill have to spend some time with the converter setup. :rockon:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Who did the converter? Did you datalog any pulls? If your intercooler is too small, you will see it in your IATs.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
i did not data log the pull, the converter is a circle D. i was expecting possibly to have to send the converter in, because i got the 4r70w and converter from a buddy that had it setup for his turbo 2v mustang. not sure how much it would be off, but i got a good enough deal on it to justify possibly sending the converter back in if it wasnt correct.

Users who are viewing this thread