Pre-March '11 Build date clutch?

GT350pwns

Established Member
I'm looking at picking up a McLeod RXT twin disc for my car. OE clutch with 65k miles on it doesn't like revving to 8k very much. This being said, I've heard from a few different sources that the mass produced clutches for 11+ GTs will not work with cars that were built before March of 2011.

Why is it supposed to not work? Are there ways to get it to work? Or is this all just BS and I can grab any clutch for our cars and it will bolt in?

Thanks in advance for any input.

pufferfish

Established Member
There was a flywheel change. That is the issue. You should replace the flywheel with a matching one for the clutch to eliminate issues.

5.0GT

Established Member
^
what he said. The early 2011 had a 6 bolt pattern from the pressure plates to the flywheel, then ford changed all the GT's to 9 in the following years. I would really do the upgrade now if you're at it.

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
McLeod RST and RXT use the standard 6 bolt pattern to secure to the flywheel. On the 11-14 cars, McLeod recommends ALL cars change the flywheel to an aftermarket unit. I recommend the McLeod lightened steel for street/drag (p/n MCL-463458) or the aluminum for road race/auto-x (p/n MCL-563408).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread