precision 7675 ball bearing oil restrictor?

wee04svt

Established Member
Im using a precsision 7675 ball bearing turbo. Ive noticed that prescision does not recommend a restrictor on there ball bearing turbos. It seems that in most cases people are using some sort of restrictor on them. I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience with this unit and what did you use if any oil restrictions? is there a spec on oil volume that you want to pass through the turbo over a certain period of time?. I have still to contact precision directly. Thanks in advance for any help!

thanks
sean

Mystic03

Established Member
Mine has an oil restrictor..even has a orange tag on it to explain not to turn it when putting in the fitting for the feed line

wee04svt

Established Member
Mine has an oil restrictor..even has a orange tag on it to explain not to turn it when putting in the fitting for the feed line

Ya mine has the fitting on the top with the anti tamper yellow stuff on it too. the hole is 3/32" which is prob a .090 oil restrictor, is that really enough? ive been reading ball bearing turbos do not like alot of oil. .090 seems kind of big. So youve been running it out of the box with no issues with that stock fitting?

Mystic03

Established Member
Ya mine has the fitting on the top with the anti tamper yellow stuff on it too. the hole is 3/32" which is prob a .090 oil restrictor, is that really enough? ive been reading ball bearing turbos do not like alot of oil. .090 seems kind of big. So youve been running it out of the box with no issues with that stock fitting?

i have not ran it yet still waiting fora tune to start the car up..i think i called pte about the resitrctor and they said its where it should be not to touch it

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah I called them also and the said not to run one. The first time I started the car and revved it a little bit without one it smoked like a freight train. I installed a .026 nitrous jet and it is perfect now no more smoke and @ idle I got the amount of oil that everyone says you should get every 30 seconds.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
My ball bearing 6262's are also restricted down further than the factory Precision restrictor. I'm using nitrous jets too.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
Precision also told me it wasn't required but I had smoking issues. My engine builder (Accufab) told me these motors have to much oil pressure for Precision's restrictor and told me to restrict it down further.

Hellion turbo recommends having 4.5 ounces of oil drain in a 30 second time frame. So basically you'd do this test and jet accordingly.

badblacklx

Established Member
Precision also told me it wasn't required but I had smoking issues. My engine builder (Accufab) told me these motors have to much oil pressure for Precision's restrictor and told me to restrict it down further.

Hellion turbo recommends having 4.5 ounces of oil drain in a 30 second time frame. So basically you'd do this test and jet accordingly.

What jet are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread