Predator EGR on/off, for EGR delete?

metaman

Established Member
I want to delete the EGR from my car. I have noticed that there is an option in my Diablo Predator for turning the EGR on or off. Would turning it off using the predator be all that I need to do to prevent the computer from throwing codes when I remove it?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
MAN you must have an old Predator Revision? they removed that option awhile ago on the U7146 Tuner, I don't know about the 03-04's?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I want to delete the EGR from my car. I have noticed that there is an option in my Diablo Predator for turning the EGR on or off. Would turning it off using the predator be all that I need to do to prevent the computer from throwing codes when I remove it?

If you have that option yes.I had to have my tuner turn my egr off after I id my egr delete.

metaman

Established Member
MAN you must have an old Predator Revision? they removed that option awhile ago on the U7146 Tuner, I don't know about the 03-04's?

Yeah it is pretty old. I bought it second hand 3 years ago. Seems to work just fine on my car though. I never got the car re-flashed. It never had the stall issue.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Also, does anyone know if it will actually change the emissions reading on an emissions test if I delete the EGR?

I`ve read where some pass and some don`t.I seen the Cali.guys say the`ve passed w/o the EGR,most likely depends on the tune or if the just plug into the OBDII port and look for codes.I live in Fl.like you and don`t have to woorry about it,yet.

Users who are viewing this thread