Predator Frustration!!!

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
Just received my Preator and started playing with it on my Cobra. I've attempted 3 different things with it and none of them are working;
1) Read OBDII codes. Predator simply reads "P1000 OBDII Readiness Test Not Complete" - I left it set for 45 minutes and this screen never changes.
2) Attempted to change "shift light" on dash to operate at 6000 rpm. No change to operation of light even after 3 attempts to change parameter to 3 different RPMs.
3) Traction Control - I turned it off and its now off all the time. Meaning I can't turn it back on. I searched for information about this both on this site and on DiabloSport.com - No help on website, I did find other people stating this problem on this site but I also found 1 person state that his works perfectly (defaults to TC off and ability to turn back on with factory button).

Does anyone know of a recent fix for this? The Predator boots up and states that revision is R12D - from what I see on DiabloSport.com this is the latest and greatest revision. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks in advance for any and all information. :shrug:

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
From what I have heard once you disable the TC with the Predator the only way to turn it back on is to reset it with the Preadator, you will not be able to
turn it back on with the button in the car. My custom tune has the TC disabled and I cannot turn it back on. As far as the other problems you are having I have not heard about them from others so I don't know. :shrug: My shift light was set to 6500rpm with my custom tune.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Chris_H said:
Subscribing. My Predator should be here in the next few days...
Chris H., was looking at your sig. Those #'s stock? It says before catback and CAI :shrug: You have a factory freak if that's the case. :eek: What are your #'s now after CAI and exhaust?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
That was with just an open conical K&N. They used the Standard correction method when they dyno'd it. No numbers yet with the C&L and the Catback. Once I get the Predator, I will probably set up another dyno session to get what I have now, then throw the Predator at it and see if I can get a decent tune out of it.

Chris

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
When you Disable the TC you cannot turn it on/off by the button anymore. Its always disabled.

About the trouble codes. Try plugging the predator in, let it boot up, then turn the key to the on position and see if that works. If that doesnt work. Turn the key to the on position, then plug the predator in. Or plug it in, let it boot, then start the car and check again. Get what im saying?

As far as the shift light. I was never able to get that thing to operate properly with the Predator, its pretty useless IMO anyway.

You have the most updated file for the Predator. Also what is your computer code, and have you had the "stall flash" done? If so that affects the operation of the Predator as well

Dave

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
Chris H., was looking at your sig. Those #'s stock? It says before catback and CAI :shrug: You have a factory freak if that's the case. :eek: What are your #'s now after CAI and exhaust?
I haven't been back to the dyno as of yet, although I will be returning this spring and I'll post new #s then. :shrug:

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
Juiced46 said:
When you Disable the TC you cannot turn it on/off by the button anymore. Its always disabled.

About the trouble codes. Try plugging the predator in, let it boot up, then turn the key to the on position and see if that works. If that doesnt work. Turn the key to the on position, then plug the predator in. Or plug it in, let it boot, then start the car and check again. Get what im saying?

As far as the shift light. I was never able to get that thing to operate properly with the Predator, its pretty useless IMO anyway.

You have the most updated file for the Predator. Also what is your computer code, and have you had the "stall flash" done? If so that affects the operation of the Predator as well

Dave
Stall flash has been done, I believe. Reason I state it this way is because I definetly had a problem with stalling, I took the car into Ford and they blamed my CAI system. Stated that because I removed the round screen before the MAF that was what was causing my stalling issue. They asked that I bring them the stock intake parts, which I did and they reinstalled them. I got the car back and the stall was fixed. I have since placed my CAI back on and still do not have any stall problem. Any way, I "Believe" that I have had the stall flash. As for the computer code, I will need to look when I get back home from work and post that @ that time.

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
Sorry DR. WU 2000 for the post above, I just realized that you were not talking to me. My #s are also prior to the stated mods.

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
This is a reply to your question from 2005-01-15 18:04

CATEGORY: Predator
QUESTION: [Attempting to read OBDII trouble codes, my predator shows a screen
that states P1000 OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete.
This screen has been displayed now for approx 15 minutes. Is this normal and if
so how long should the process take? Am I in a paused condition?
2003 Cobra Rev R12D 303-472-2882 (CALID ???)
Thanks in advance for you assistance.]

------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER:
Dear Jim Zimmerman,

The P1000 code means that more driving is needed to finish the diagnostics.
Please drive your vehicle for about 30 miles or so, and the diagnostics should
find any trouble codes you may have.

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Stay tuned,
Dan, a proud member of the DiabloSport Support Team

I will try this and the above suggestions and post again. Also waiting for reply from Diablo Sport regarding other two issues.

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
This is a reply to your question from 2005-01-15 23:29

CATEGORY: Predator
QUESTION: [Have installed performance tune, changed traction parameter and shift
light rpm to 6000. Traction control is now off all the time and I can't turn it
back on with console button. Is this normal or should the button still operate
and traction simply default to off condition? Shift light still operates at same
point it always has. I attempted to change shift light parameter again with
still to change in operation. Please advise. Thanks]

------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER:
Dear Jim Zimmerman,

You will not be able to set where the light turns on and off as it is set from
the factory to look at the RPM'S and light up at certain points. The traction
control with the performance tune simply removes tracion control. Please submit
this question again with a little more information. Let us know what type of
vehicle you have, what year it is, which tune you installed, your calibration
code (which you can find in the trouble shooting menu).

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Stay tuned,
Dan, a proud member of the DiabloSport Support Team

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I have the exact same problem with my Predator.

Not too worried about the TC. I just have it on and push the button to turn it off when necessary.

I REALLY would like the shift light to work again though. After installing the performance tune with the Predator, the shift light never worked again. I tried tweaking the various settings with no luck.

I ran my best time at the track using the stock shift light, so it would be nice to have it working again.

03yellow

Established Member
James at RWTD. $100/ lifetime tunes

Your also missing out on some RWHP with the canned tune.

1FastFord

Established Member
I asked James about the TC and shift light and he told me that the TC will not work again unless you get a special box that allows that and the shift light can only be programmed in a custom tune.

03BLKSNAKE

Established Member
1FastFord said:
I asked James about the TC and shift light and he told me that the TC will not work again unless you get a special box that allows that and the shift light can only be programmed in a custom tune.
Do you have any more information on the :shrug: "special box"?

Users who are viewing this thread