Predator Help Please

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Can Anyone Help Me With This Please, I Have A Tune With The
Extension Of .xtr And I Believe It Should Be .frg To Work On The Predator. When I Try To Load It To The Predator I Can't Find The File That I Saved To My Desktop. When The Program D/s Downloader Opens It Only Has .frg Files Available For D/l. Also When I Set My Baud Rate To 115200 On Both The Pc And The D/s Downloader Program It Shuts Down My Pc. This Could Be Because It Can't Find A Valid File For D/l.........any Help With This Would Be Awesome.

Lonewolf

Established Member
It should be .frg also I had better luck using 56 baud.. set it each time you boot the predator Where did you get the tune?

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
I got it from Amazon, there is 3 places to set the baud rate i noticed.....in hardware on your pc.........on the d/s downloader software........and on the predator........i think the issue is that the file extension is wrong..........thanks.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I will have Rick doublecheck when he gets backs from Charleston tonight ..he is out of the shop today picking up a truck to be tuned..

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
ok, after some digging in the archives here.......the .XTR file is for a superchips tuner and not a predator tuner which is what i have.the file i need should be a .FRG file............help.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I spoke to Rick while he is on the road and this will be a priorty as soon as he gets back..should be any minute now

update:

I checked this and the first program was sent before we recieved your 2nd email telling this was for a Preditor..it was assumed you needed a XCALtune..Preditor was not seen until 2nd email

new program will be forth coming asap

Last edited:

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
ok, i guess i am an idiot.........i can't get the file to load to the predator ..it keeps saying d/l failed..........i set the 3 baud rates the same......i have the serial cable connected to the pc with the db9 and am having no luck........can anyone give me a step by step go by to load this tune.........i will owe you a beer.........help.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Linn@Amazon said:
please call us or PM me your # and Rick can walk you through this

did you buy this Preditor New?

Yes, it was supposed to be.........i think my problem is that i need a ford downloader.exe program..........not sure but will be in touch

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Ok, i got it now Linn. Now all i have to do is the hard stuff, like put my pulley on...etc,etc,etc.......thanks for your help. Will let you know how she runs after the dyno session.

Users who are viewing this thread