Predator on stock car w/ CAI & CB

j card

Established Member
What kind of results are you guys seeing with a Predator when used on a mostly stock car? With only a CAI and a Stinger CB, is it worth doing? I also have 91 octane gas to deal with as well. What do you think? Got dyno numbers?

Thanks

MyT-Mouse

Established Member
No dyno #'s in this config but I loaded the performance tune when I had the C&L 95mm CAI and Stingers. I was impressed... it was a good SOTP feel.

cobra101

Established Member
I noticed a good 20rwtq gain, at least.

Running pig rich I put down 385rwhp and 398rwtq with just CAI and predator, stock exhaust. From what I have seen without the predator I probably would have put down about 375/375 with just a CAI.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Here is my dyno with the Predator Pulley Tune on a YDH1 car. My mods were: Borla Stinger + K&N CAI

drun2.jpg

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
Here is my dyno with the Predator Pulley Tune on a YDH1 car. My mods were: Borla Stinger + K&N CAI

Dumb question:
what is a "YDH1" car?

04Screamer

Established Member
How conservative is the performance tune that comes on the Predator? I only have a Bassani cat-back and I didn't notice much on the SOTP meter.

lethal

Established Member
You need to open up the intake and the exhaust to get the most out of these cars... I went from (dyno jet numbers)

363 = stock
390 = CAI & Mangaflows
420 = CAI & Magnaflows & Predator Performance tune.

I easily walked a z06 in thrid gear on I-595 with this.

The numbers in my sig are all from a Mustang dyno, not useful in the comparison here (other then stock on dynojet vs stock on a mustang dyno, I suppose).

John

mattletourneau

Established Member
The performance tune in the Predator version 12 (latest version) is pretty good. I have the Steeda CAI, Borla Stingers, and the performance tune and the low end feels tough. I would do it but that's just me. I love the fact that you can install that and shut off the traction control for good.

04Screamer

Established Member
Originally posted by mattletourneau
I love the fact that you can install that and shut off the traction control for good.

I probably would have gotten one for that alone. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread