Predator Problem/ ECU reset??

MiaLightning

Established Member
Hi guys, maibe someone can help me out, i got my predator with a performance tune and started installing it with out knowing the truck's battery was low.. It started installing for about 5-10 seconds and it then changed the screen and requested that the performance tune couldn't be intalled that the original back up had to be installed and gave me the option to install now or force it in, i clicked on install now, it started installing for about 5-10 seconds and then it said that the original back up could'nt be installed.. So bottom line it doesn't let me install neither the performance tune or the original back up.. i called diablo sport and a tech walked me thru some steps to try and force the original back up and it failed so he said i needed to have the truck's ECU reseted at the dealer. Has anyone been thru this or heard about this situation before?? And is there a way to reset the ECU without taking it to the dealer?? I don't really trust the dealers here in Miami with my truck so this would be last resource.. Thanks

MiaLightning

Established Member
OH! so i'm stuck going to the dealer... So what is it that they do? do they do like a master reset to the computer including a new stock tune??

STRK BY

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
Established Member
I would replace the battery with a NEW FULLY charged battery and try it again first....A fully charged battery is a must..

Ford even has a TSB that tells their tech to put a battery charger on when reflashing........

I would try that first before I went through the hassle of trying to have it reflashed at the dealer...

MiaLightning

Established Member
yeah, i already replaced the battery and it does the same thing.. i think it comes down to reflashing the ECU, but i'm curious, when they reflash the ECU, do they re install a new stock tune or it's just a reset??

STRK BY

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
Established Member
Did you charge the new battery ? or just use it off the shelf ?....

They are not at full charge even when new off the shelf.....they need some charge time to be up at full voltage....

I would charge up the battery on a 10 amp charge overnight and try it again...and perhaps call diablo back and have them help you again and try to do their force tune again with a known 100% fully charged battery and see what happens...

The dealer would reflash the stock calibration code/program...its not a reset

Users who are viewing this thread