PREDATOR PROBLEM

kobra

Established Member
I got my predator from rpmoutlet and tried to load it but after hooking up to port with doors shut and lightsand radio off i proceded to upload ,after pushing agree to disclaimer i pushed performance tune and was instructed to turn ignition key on without starting engine which i did.I did and got unable to read vehicle type ?? Whats the deal?? I have since returned the predator to rpm for exchange but is this common problem ?:bash : i forgot to add my stock tune is YDH1

Last edited:

Ystang99gt

Established Member
Thats weird, I have yet to hear a problem like that with the predators. I just closed the door and followed the instructions and i haven't had a problem since.
I have a 10th anniversery with the same ydh1 computer code, maybe it was just a bad predator.
Tell us if the new one works.

akaeric

Established Member
Your first mistake is RPM I learn my lesson the hard way not to deal with RPMOutlet try and get your money back if you can and if you really want a Predator find another source to buy from. I allso learned not to buy anything from Diablo. There is other tuners out there or let Apten burn you a chip I got my chip in three days.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Try again.

Also make sure your key is all the way in run position. Mine did that once, and i had missed run position just barely enough to make it not be able to talk.

rueljr

Established Member
I had the same problem

I had the same problem awhile back. Go to "Options", then to "Troubleshooting". At the very bottom of the the "Troubleshooting" menu is the "Live Table Reset". I did it and it solved the problem for me.

kobra

Established Member
i sent the unit back so hopefully i wont have the problem again , rpm was very good at getting the tunner out to me very quickly after ordering unfortunatley i had to deal with sending it back so i will reserve judgement on rpm untill this is resolved.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Did you have the Ford re-flash done? If so, the predator won't recognize your car anymore...Diablo is working on a fix.
...BTW, I have ordered many items from RPM Outlet...no problems ever, really cool to deal with from my experience. :beer:

speedball

Established Member
Does anybody have any parameters for the Predetor they can share?

I have a 03 Cobra with the following:

Bassani X pipe w/cats
Bassani Cat Backs
2.93 Pulley
k&N filter

mm

kobra

Established Member
I just got my predator back it installed without a hitch.It made my exaust a little quieter which is a good thing , and it drives alot better with the rev limiters raised.Rpm outlet was very fast in getting my order back to me quickly.:-D

speedball

Established Member
I need some Predator parameters? I have a Bassani X pipe w/cats and cat back system, with a K&N filter and alst but not least 2.93 pulley.

Help me out until I can get a Dyno Tune at SoCal.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by rapidtransit
I need some Predator parameters? I have a Bassani X pipe w/cats and cat back system, with a K&N filter and alst but not least 2.93 pulley.

What are you talking about? What parameters?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member

Set the flux capacitor to 1.21 gigawatts.

U.M.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member

I think what you are looking for is some advice on the settings for the fuel table and Ignition table. My recommendation, especially if you have 91 octane is pull all the timing you can and richen the mixture 7.5% (move the slider to the word richen). And for all that is Holy disable the traction control. Take it easy and make sure you get to a dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread