predator pulley tune

drmustang

Banned
I bought a predator last August and installed the pulley tune with a 2.80.,CAI and catback. Does anyone know if Diablosport has updated this tune since then. Thanks.

ralphy1798

Established Member
Did you ever get your A/F Checked? If not, i would recomend it!

I dont think they changed anything except add a 91 octane version of the tune which will be a little less agressive on the timing tables...

Jeff

drmustang

Banned
A/F was good on dyno on an 80 degree day. This car runs incredibly strong in cold weather. I don't know how much the denser cold air effects the a/f ratio.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I have seen the "predator" tune on several cobras and it's ugly!!! the a/f is all over the place. and yes, the cold weather will affect the a/f

White01Cobra

Established Member
I dynoed my Cobra with the Predator pulley tune and the a/f looked very similar to the stock tune a/f. I have seen people's dynos on a stock car and the a/f went below 10 in the upper RPM ranges just like the stock tune. (Hope this is clear)

drmustang

Banned
Mine showed the same drop in a/f at the very end of the rpm range. I had a different tune in but decided to go with what I thought was a more conservative one(Predator) for the winter. I hope I'm not not mistaken here thinking that a richer tune is safer in denser air.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
drmustang said:
. I hope I'm not not mistaken here thinking that a richer tune is safer in denser air.

You are right on! When I changed from a 3.10 pulley to a 2.93 in early December in colder weather - Rick@Amazon has to redo the tune twice to richen it up enough. Better safe than sorry..

Users who are viewing this thread