Predator question about timing

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
I have heard that we want our timing at 23 degrees as apposed to 26. My question is how do you check the timing? At idle or at a particular RPM? I had a custom tune for my Predator form Rick at Amazon and I'm experiencing detonation. I richened up the fuel table to 6.0 %, and retarded the timing 6 %. I am still getting the detonation. Any thoughts??? I have the Predator and did the real time diagnostics checking the timing and at 750 RMP it was about 18 degrees. I would love some help on this one guys.

ALA G8R

Banned
The pulley tune provides a max of 26 degrees of timing at WOT with 0% adjustment. With a 2.8 pulley you should pull at least 10% timing to get you down around 23 degrees.

IMO.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You will have to run it WOT through the RPMs while watching the timing. Either have someone watch the Predator timing while you are WOT (do not try to watch it yourself while WOT) or you can select Datalog and after you are done you can play it back. Just select the timing and the RPM when it asks you to choose what variables you want to datalog

Users who are viewing this thread