Predator Question

woomaster

Established Member
I'm going to get a predator with a custom tune.....when I take it to the dyno and let's say the program is running too rich, can I adjust that manually or do I have to get a new tune? Do the tuners(Amazon/RWTD...) have a special edit program that gives them a lot more flexibility?

adamb258

Established Member
Yes. They change things that we have no control over via the handhed unit. I jsut got my tune from amazon racing the same day I ordered it. Great customer service.

ALA G8R

Banned
Your custom tune will be based on the tuner's experience with other cars with similar mods. More than likely it will require fine tuning to get you the optimum A/F for your car.

You can scale the entire A/F curve up or down with the Predator but you can't do any fine tuning. Diablosport tuners use Chipmaster Revolution software to fine tune the MAF transfer function and fuel tables.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
You can make small changes to the fuel trim via your Predator tuner. Unfortunately the only choices you have are under 4k RPMs and over 4k RPMs. At least you can dump more fuel if you are running lean on the top end though - that is the most important. I have a MAFterburner that allows me to tweak the A/F ratios in 400 RPM increments throughout the RPM range. It works ecellent in conjunction with the Predator to fine tune and flat line my A/F at 12:1 across the board.

Good luck,
Dan

injectedracing

Established Member
you can make changes from 2-4K, and from 4-7K at WOT. There is a lot more adjustability from a custom tune. You can only adjust so much. Usually we send out a tune that will be close, and then the customer goes to the dyno and sends me the dyno chart with A/F and I will tweak it from there to make it perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread