Predator rating

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Well considering diablo has been sitting on my custom tune for a week and they have yet to return my emails or calls I'm going to give my satisfation a 0. I reserve the right to change my rating, but I am not a happy camper so far. When I dish out 400 bucks for hardware and another 130 for a tune, I expect to get decient service. That is far from what I've gotten so far.

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by errray's 03 svt
you guys with the predator, how do you like it so far. good or bad.

I love it!!! Would not trade for anything. Just the "Performance Tune" provided a great SOTP improvement. Also, my car idles at a smooth 800 rpm with the air off, and, the fans come on sooner and my car runs cooler. Overall the car is more fun to drive now.

I'm installing a 2.93 pulley this weekend and the Predator "Pulley Tune", so it should be even more fun to drive. :-D

Also, you can make "Off" to be the default for the T/C if you want, I just haven't made time to do that or data log yet.

Last edited:

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
L O V E IT !!!!!
So easy to use ...it's scary. Just takes minutes. Worth it just for the T/C "on" function...I hated that button!

I've used the "sport performance" tune with my K&N cai & Magnaflow O/R X & catbacks ant I gained 57rwhp over stock baseline...and it idles better also.

I installed a 2.93 & idler this past weekend, changed to the "pulley" tune and will get dynoed later this week...but SOTP is amazing!

Eventually I will get a custom tune...but I will wait until the initial rush has passed. :beer:

rb185afm

Established Member
With the predator performance tune, cat back, and Steeda CAI I ran a 12.51 at 115 mph. I am a happy camper.:beer:

Tim Lester

Established Member
I like my Predator alot. Have a 2 questions for you guys, What did you guys set your idle at? And not sure about how to set the fans up, or what temp. did you guys turn them on & off at?

Thanks Tim

CobraEd

Established Member
Details?

How does the Predetor work? Do you just plug it into a port under the dash??? Can you set everything back to stock mode anytime you want for emmisions testing? If you can just set everything back to stock mode can you then pull the unit completely for warrenty work??

Ed

Last edited:

rb185afm

Established Member
Re: Details?

Originally posted by CobraEd
How does the Predetor work? Do you just plug it into a port under the dash??? Can you set everything back to stock mode anytime you want for emmisions testing? If you can just set everything back to stock mode can you then pull the unit completely for warrenty work??

Ed

This link should answer all your questions.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5122

Pyro

Established Member
I love mine. I installed the "Diablo Pulley" tune with my 2.93" pulley and counldn't be happier. It feels much stronger than without the tune. I couldn't believe the difference a simple tune makes. I'm just waiting for a dyno tune before I install the 2.80 Pulley. The 2.80 pulley is just outside the 12-14 psi parameters so I get detonation with it.

I think the delays in the custom tune is due to the initial release of the units. I bet they are getting bombarded for custom tunes right now. When it calms down, I will pursue a custom tune for the 2.80 pulley or wait until a local tuner gets the Evolution software to make custom tunes per Diablo specs.

Last edited:

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I have had very good luck with mine so far. I have only installed the "performance tune" with the stock pulley and killed the TC button. I can tell you it made a very noticeable difference. The car also idles better. I purchased a RR 2.95 pulley and 74 inch gates belt and will be taking the pulley plunge this weekend.

I am no expert but from reading all of the posts so far it seems like if you are going to tune a "pullied car" with the predator you will get the best results with the 2.93 pulley. If the car is running too lean with the 2.80 and you need a custom tune you may have been better off just getting a chip to begin with. I would gladly sacrifice a little bit of power in exchange to be able to tune the car with the predator w/o a custom tune. Worst case scenario with the 2.93 pulley and richest setting will probably equate to a pig rich condition at high RPM's. I can live with that.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Interesting. I know of two guys with 2.93 pullies and are getting detonation with the Predator pulley tune.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Welp, I got my tune after sending an email to the company that sold me the predator. I'm going to reflash it tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll check back after everything is said and done.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Interesting. I know of two guys with 2.93 pullies and are getting detonation with the Predator pulley tune.

I'm probably one of them but keep in mind that I've got the California $hit gas (91 octane) and Diablo probably used 93. Furthermore, My Flowmasters leave a little to be desired as far as free flowing exhaust. On that note, I scared the $hit out of myself when I drove to work with the electronic cutouts opened. I puched it going onto the offramp where I usually do and the 315's broke loose :eek: when they usually bite. Fortunately, when I got to work, I checked my pants and all is good. The loud exhaust sometimes decieves your sense of acceleration.

sfkarp

Established Member
I picked up a Predator at Bowling Green. I love it. It is so easy to use. When I installed my Accufab TB I was able to go into the diagnostic mode and read the TPS voltage. I just put on my 2.9 pulley and can't wait to get a dyno pull to check the AF out. So far so good.

cobra101

Established Member
opinions...2.80 no idlers 73 3/4 belt?

I am wondering your opinions. I am not add exhaust right now and have a CAI. Planning on getting a 2.80 pulley, predator, 73.5 or 73 3/4 belt, and NO idlers. I know I am leaving power on the table with stock exhaust but I will worry about that later. anyone expect problems with this setup? suggestions? rpmoutlet seems to have great deals on the pulley, puller, belt, and predator.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
So like me get this straight....

I'm more likely NOT to have problems if I install the Predator (Pulley Tune) with a 2.93 pulley? Help me out guys...:shrug:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I am very happy with my predator. I wish I could say the same thing when it comes to the tech support from Diablo. My first custom tune took a 8 days to get and the 2nd custom tune took 7 days to get. When you spend over 500 bucks on something and you call them for support and they said "Oh, I forgot about your tune," "Can you send that email again, I lost your first one," and "Oh, I did your tune days ago, I must of forgot to email it to you," You get pretty annoyed. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread