Predator Results

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
I spent the afternoon Wednesday with Richard at Strictly Performance playing with the Predator Pulley tune and got some good results.

My mods are:

2.93 pulley
KnN FIPK
Magnaflow catted X and Catback
Afterburner-eFPC (fuel pressure controller)

I have been running this setup for about 10 months. The Afterburner let me safely run the pulley without a chip by allowing me to tune the A/F ratio.

Dynorun12 is my stock Ford tune with the Afterburner A/F correction. 450rwhp, 435rwtq

Dynorun11 is the standard Diablo Predator Pulley tune with no fuel pressure correction. 446rwhp, 461rwtq

Dynorun17 is the Pulley tune with 4% timing advance and A/F correction with the Afterburner. 458rwhp, 474rwtq

Bottom line is that I picked up 8rwhp and 39rwtq with the Predator and some dyno time. :coolman:

I took it to the track that night and ran a new best of 12.11 at 116mph with a 1.88 60'. The 11's are right there if I could drive it right!

Here's the stock Ford tune and the standard Predator tune:

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Originally posted by RGrossman
Also, cant the Predator do what the Afterburner does?

The Predator can add or subtract a set percentage of fuel across the entire RPM range. The Afterburner can add or subtract different amounts of fuel in 400 RPM increments. It allowed me to take out the extra fuel on top, leave the midrange alone, and get 12 more HP.

bunk22

Established Member
It looks really good. We have similar mods along with the Afterburner eFPC. Nice to know what I could expect with the Predator or custom chip mod. I like the overall gains from low to high end rpm. Did the Predator improve throttle response as well? Also, was this with 93 octane? I ask since once I move to California, all I will have is 91 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread