Predator tunes

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Well I picked up my 04 yesterday. Brand new some I'm not sticking the Predator in it just yet. But I do have a question. As you can see I also have a 99 Lightning, and on the L boards they always say that the programs that come loaded in the Predator are too aggressive. Is this true in regards to the Cobras? I can get a custom tune from James, but I have 0 mods so I wouldn't want to bother him for that. I do plan on going with an upper pulley, prochamber, CAI, and catback. But like I said stock now and plan on installing a pred tune in the next few weeks.:rockon:

Emil

Established Member
I got my Predator from RWTD yesterday and installed the canned Performance tune. I haven't really gotten on it yet but it does really seem to have more bottom end and I haven't noticed any issues with knock. James can improve on the canned Performance tune for your stock application (mine's nearly stock too). I'm anxiously waiting for their tuning forum to get back up and running to get mine so it would probably be worth it for you too.

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
James will email you a tune that you can use now and still be okay with the minor bolt on's. CAI, Catback, X-pipe etc....

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
James @ RWTD did my custom tune. Here at the higher altitude, some of the tunes have taken a few tries to get right. James got mine dead on the first time. I just put it in a couple weeks ago along with my pulleys. The A/F was perfect. Even the guys at the dyno were amazed. James is the man!!!!!!!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I've been to James a few times. Once with my 99L and twice with my friends 02. We're going back next week with my friends 02L as he just installed a KB, 60lb injectors, and larger fuel pumps. Hoping to see 600rwhp.

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
with a 2.8 pulley, cat back, TB, factory preditor performance tune Got 443rwhp out of my 03 Cobra, It was on the rich side. Prbobly could have made 25-30 more rwhp with x-pipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread