Predator???

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are the advantages/disadvantages to using the Predator vs. the DiabloChip? I understand the Predator is plugged into the vehicle service port (no need to damage seal on factory computer) and the DiabloChip need to be installed in factory ECU (requiring seal to be distrubed thus, technically, voiding warrenty). It there any more or less tuning capability using the Predator?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
You dont have to get to or break the seal on the factory computer. The Predator may very well void the warranty, althought the verdict is still out on that. The one person that posted who had warantee work done didnt have issues with the predator. You can reflash the stock tune to bring it back to ford.

You can modify the tune +/- 10 or 15 percent off base timing and fuel (i think up to one full point on the ratio scale) and save that tune. You can turn set Traction control to default off if you want. You can view sensor outputs and datalog up to 1 1/2 hour information and transfer to your PC for viewing with the Predator.

It comes with 3 tunes basically. Sport tune to work with stock or mildly modified cars. Basic tune that is customizable A/F and timing, and saveable. And the Diablo pully tune which will work with up to 14 or 15 lbs of boost (or roughly that, although i dont have the numbers in front of me). It is strongly advised that you still dyno the car with a wideband O2 setup after using a pully and the predator pulley tune, to ensre good numbers.

You can expect roughly 30 rwhp gains from the predator sport tune in a stock car. That number can swing one way or the other depending. Its worth the money for most that are using it atm.

There is the basics in a rundown for ya.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Don't forget the data logging capabilities and real time data acquisition. In my book it is money well spent also, if you get the Predator from James, Running with the Devil, you will get free custom tunes.

M@

Users who are viewing this thread