Preditor to PC? STUCK NEED HELP!

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I'm at the car right now. I got the Preditor plugged to the car, 9 pin cable going from Preditor to Laptop and Diablo's PCinterface open. The problem is it won't detect anything and I'm dumstruck. Don't know what to do beyond this point.
I gotta get my original tune to the Preditor so I can send it to Amazon Racing for customization. Can anybody sort of walk me through this. I'm a foot away from the car so I'll try anything.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna get started on my Hilton overlay and my Raptor shift light.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First thing check your baud rates. The PC interface software is default at 115K and the Predator is default at 56K. Try changing the Predator to 115K.

I don't know what operating system you are running on your computer but it should automatically detect baud rates. If not check your baud rate on your com port also (set it to 115K).

If you give me your e-mail addy I have great instructions from James at RWTD on how to talk with your predator that I can forward to you.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I changed the baud rate on the Preditor and still nothing.

On a side note, how do I take the headlight switch off?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have an e-mail.

I am not sure about the headlight thing.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I got the Preditor to talk to the computer. Thanks alot JPKII.
Pretty simple I guess, just needed some patience and some help.

Now I can send Rick my tune.

OATS

Established Member
Headlight knob just pops straight off. Can be a hard pull the first time.

Fang

Established Member
Don't be scared just yank off the light switch. One quick fast pull like the directions say to get it off.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I got the headlight knob off. I pulled hard and voila!
Thanks again guys.

I'm wiring up my Raptor and will start the overlay shortly.
I removed the cluster rather easily thanks to ALAG8TR suggestion to cut the retaineron the passenger side. It came out like cake.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by lethal
I was talking about where do download the software for the PC to communicate with the Predator.

John

here ya go: http://www.yonsonracing.com/Ford.zip

edit: this is the software that only allows you to transfer custom tunes. Diablosport has not released their Dataview software yet that will allow you to view data realtime with your PC.

Last edited:

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
HELP HELP.
When reinstalling the boost needle, I think I broke it.

Now when I press on the pin it goes down beneath the cluster and I can't put the needle on. What should I do?

wickedstangs

Established Member
Originally posted by JPKII
First thing check your baud rates. The PC interface software is default at 115K and the Predator is default at 56K. Try changing the Predator to 115K.

I don't know what operating system you are running on your computer but it should automatically detect baud rates. If not check your baud rate on your com port also (set it to 115K).

If you give me your e-mail addy I have great instructions from James at RWTD on how to talk with your predator that I can forward to you.
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread