Pressure bleeding brakes?

J15BIG

Established Member
In the process of changing over to the brembos I had to leave for work. So I left my lines hanging and fluid dripping. I know, I shouldnt have done that, but too late now. So I tried bleeding the brakes my self and the pedal feels reallllyyy soft. I called a local shop and they said they could pressure bleed the whole system for $93. Does that sound like a good price? Is there any alternatives other than sitting there for a whole day bleeding the brakes on my own? I tried building my own pressure bleeder out of one of those garden spray bottled but theres a bunch of leaks. And on top of all that, when i was trying to loosen one of the bleeders, the wrench slipped and it almost completely stripped the bleeder :mj:

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
For a shop to do it, $100 isn't too bad (one hour labor, plus fluid). But, you could spend $30, get a Mityvac from your local parts store and do it yourself. Or, since you've already buggered up one of the bleeders, get yourself a set of 4 speed bleeders, and then do it yourself.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
You probably emptied the master cylinder, too. This requires priming and bleeding the master cylinder before you bleed the lines. That means undoing the lines at the master cylinder (directions are in Workshop Manual). If you're not comfortable doing that, would go to the mechanic.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Philly,
Because the master isn't dry -- just out of the box, thought he may be able to get away with just bleeding the lines.
J15big,
If it does turn out that you need to bleed the master. Then to do it yourself, you should pick up the fittings/rubber tubes to do it right. After taking off the brake lines from the master, you'll insert the fittings, and loop the tubes back up into the reservior.

Users who are viewing this thread