pretty quick neon

killerstanger

Established Member
whats up, just got my 04 cobra bout month ago or so. Well, anyways i know how to shift good and everthything im just to scared to rev in the takeoff because im afraid of wheel spin so pretty much everyone gets me off the line by about a car but by the end of first im right next to them. well, anyways around here there is this red srt-4 who talks his smack about all mustangs because he says they are all slow. He can talk because all the gt's he has raced his beat. His mods as far as i know when i raced him where stage 2 upgrade i/h/e no cats, drag radials, and boost controler. well, when i raced him i got him by about 4 car lenths is this normal. Or am i just trippin to see a neon keeping up with my cobra all the way through 60mph im all stock. Is this right? Anyways im really looking forward to modding but for now ill be stock.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ya, if he was modded pretty good he should be able to keep up decently.
Do a few mods to that cobra and he'll see tailights all day long.
Start off with a basic intake, exhaust, and tune.
Then pully that beast!

Romans8:28

Established Member
I had a modded SRT4 for about 6 months....... the are NO JOKE from a 30mph roll up through 100mph or so......

Its a wonder he didnt beat you (if you gave him a big jump)

Its only above 90 where the Cobra will destory an SRT4

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
yea that sounds about right. I remeber racing a bunch of those things when i had my modded WRX. they were fast but not quick enough to take a 03/04cobra. no way. he might be ok off the line but they dont have AWD like my wrx or evo does. so if he was putting down maybe 300hp (280ish fwhp) it would be close in a 0-60 race at the weight he is at (only 2800 or so). but forget a roll-on. you will destroy him from a roll.

im still looking for a guy around here with an SRT-4. he revved at me the night i was bringing home my cobra (a few weeks ago). i couldnt stop laughing, id like to line up with him one of these days for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread