Preview - MGW MT-82 Shifter - Final Version

RSKtakR

Established Member
DAMN $475 for a shifter... I know MGW makes quality products but WOW that's expensive.. I cant believe how much more expensive everything seems to be for these S550's... Even Mufflers are double of what they used to cost for the 11-14 5.0's..I think I will just hold out for a used one to come up I guess.

jdcobra

Established Member
DAMN $475 for a shifter... I know MGW makes quality products but WOW that's expensive.. I cant believe how much more expensive everything seems to be for these S550's... Even Mufflers are double of what they used to cost for the 11-14 5.0's..I think I will just hold out for a used one to come up I guess.

It's gonna be worth every penny

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'm the exact opposite, I think it's a bargain. But I've been dealing with the manufacturing side of the aftermarket for over a decade, so I know what it takes to bring products to market.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I think it is a great price! and the exhaust it is exactly the same as what a 11-14 catback would be. When more companies start coming out with axle backs it will be different

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I could see this easily going for a few hundred dollars more. I happy with the price tag. This shifter is pretty impressive.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think it is a great price! and the exhaust it is exactly the same as what a 11-14 catback would be. When more companies start coming out with axle backs it will be different

I just don't like that the factory exhaust is so welded together. I get why it is, but I just don't like it.

I could see this easily going for a few hundred dollars more. I happy with the price tag. This shifter is pretty impressive.

I suggested a gold plated version for the middle eastern market.:D

14ksstang

Established Member
Considering I paid 400 for my 2014 shifter and this one has all the linkage and a complete mounting system also for 463. I think it's a steal. Yea you can buy cheaper shifters but that's what they are. Cheaper products.

jdcobra

Established Member
Considering I paid 400 for my 2014 shifter and this one has all the linkage and a complete mounting system also for 463. I think it's a steal. Yea you can buy cheaper shifters but that's what they are. Cheaper products.

+1

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'd pony up for a gold one. We have one of Sadaam Husseins gold ak47s at work. I dig it.

Dcrypter

Established Member

Seriously? I paid $380 for my Barton and 2 post bracket on my '12. This one is only $100 more and replaces every part of the shifter not just the upper assembly.

Speed Junky

Established Member
I think it's a fair price. Normal, direct mounted shifters cost ~$190 with only the stick and plate. The race spec includes those, a housing, spring & reverse shift plate, mounting linkage, support arms, shift linkages with machined cup, sound deadening, HAZMAT and a couple tools. So yeah, I think it's worth the extra coin. I just blame Ford for using remote mounted shifters and MT-82 instead of a Tremec.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think it's a fair price. Normal, direct mounted shifters cost ~$190 with only the stick and plate. The race spec includes those, a housing, spring & reverse shift plate, mounting linkage, support arms, shift linkages with machined cup, sound deadening, HAZMAT and a couple tools. So yeah, I think it's worth the extra coin. I just blame Ford for using remote mounted shifters and MT-82 instead of a Tremec.

The awesome thing about the Race-Spec (and MGW's Gen 2 GT500 shifter) is that essentially makes the shifting mechanism just like the extended tail-housing Tremec Magnum transmissions.

Dadz500

Established Member
How hard do you have to now push down to get into reverse? About the same as the 11-14's? Also, how do you connect the shifter boot back to the knob/handle after you pull the reverse ring off? Any photos of that?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
How hard do you have to now push down to get into reverse? About the same as the 11-14's? Also, how do you connect the shifter boot back to the knob/handle after you pull the reverse ring off? Any photos of that?

The reverse effort is identical to the earlier models. MGW includes a grommet for the boot. The process is detailed in their install video.

Users who are viewing this thread