Price check on aisle 5 lol

theraapster

Established Member
I've been looking at SVTF recently and found one on autotrader that a really like. It's a black 03 with 8,600 miles, euro, audiophille, winter package, sunroof, and hid headlamps(basically everything). I was just wondering what you would pay for it. He is asking 16,500, which seems pretty high compared to some of the prices i've seen on here, but just wanted to see what you guys think. By the way, the car looks like its in perfect condition inside and out.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Seems a little high, but he'll probably negotiate with you. All Euro's have all the options. He can't have paid more than about 19000 for it, as the Focus has had rebates on it for years now. Good luck! E-

theraapster

Established Member
Thanks for the advice, it sounded a little high, but like you said, negotiating is key. Where is "the Triangle" in NC, I was born near Greensboro and still go down there a couple times a year to visit my uncle (who happens to have a 97 cobra vert).

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm in Creedmoor. I was just in Greensboro on Ths doing a Honda Customer-Focused Walk Around Competition. I won the district, now on to the zone. E-

Onivlas

Established Member
You could always have it shipped. Should be about 400$ bucks, not too much when you could save quite a bit. I've got a for sale post on here, car's perfect, all documentation, ect. PPI if wanted.

theraapster

Established Member
Hmm, just looked at your fs post, very nice car. I guess I just need to decide how badly I want the euro package. I'm thinking the Recaro seats would be well worth the extra investment.

H82BEU

Established Member
theraapster said:
Hmm, just looked at your fs post, very nice car. I guess I just need to decide how badly I want the euro package. I'm thinking the Recaro seats would be well worth the extra investment.

I would agree that having all the options including the Recaro's would be the way to go. I would try to get it for a couple grand less and you should be good to go.

Onivlas

Established Member
I did sit in the Euro seats for a bit, and they were very, very supportive. I have a pretty average build, and it was a bit of a pinch. They'd be great for taking that corner just a little faster each time.

That said, I've never gotten anything but compliments on my seats. I use them for more than just corner carving. Passengers like to relax in them, and there's enough side to side movement to stay comfortable on long trips. Bolstering is there, and sometimes I'd like a bit more. On the highway or the spaces between turns, it's nice to have some breathing room, though. It took me a while to come to this conclusion (I had to decide how badly I wanted those seats as well). Also, I don't much care for the rims on black (my favorite color), and the interior in all grey looks really drab. Red on black makes the inside look alot more vibrant and sporty (makes it look a little more expensive, not just flat grey everywhere you look).

theraapster

Established Member
Great points Onivlas, I guess a couple of test drives are in order before I can make any decisions.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
FWIW, Last year I purchased my Brand New '04, NON-Euro Loaded up, for $16,400, so that price does seem a bit high considering it's a 2 year old car.

Onivlas

Established Member
16,400 is quite a bit more than 13,100. 3,300 in exchange for 11,000 miles off of a 100,000 warentee isn't bad. That's 25.2% depreciation, for 99.9% of the car. Also don't have to worry about breaking it in, finding out it's a lemon, got the clutch updated, flashed, and even paid that extra $750 for rust, interior and paint protection. It's a good deal.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Onivlas said:
16,400 is quite a bit more than 13,100. 3,300 in exchange for 11,000 miles off of a 100,000 warentee isn't bad. That's 25.2% depreciation, for 99.9% of the car. Also don't have to worry about breaking it in, finding out it's a lemon, got the clutch updated, flashed, and even paid that extra $750 for rust, interior and paint protection. It's a good deal.

Yeah, I agree with you on that car. I was referring to the $16.5 for the '03 in the original post. Sorry 'bout the confusion. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread