Price check. possible sale coming. mystichrome coupe

masterjr33

Established Member
I have a mystichrome i'm considering selling to get something i can have more track time with. I am currently building a chumpcar/lemons car. out of a 740 volvo .
I need the garage space.

My 04 coupe was purchased when it came into my dealership that i wrote service at.
it was stock when purchased

Currently features:
twin GT pumps and modified FPDM ( replaced when original pump died)
K&N filter in the stock box and snorkel.
Magnaflow mufflers welded to stock exhaust.
2.76 pulley. and justin starkley( VMP ) SCT tune.

Basically if I put the stock pulley on. and flash it stock. toss in a paper filter the car is stock.

I purchased with 79K on it.
I have driven it for about 3 years.
2 tail of the dragon north Carolina cabin vacations and 3 open track days.
And i drive it on fridays to work.
to some car shows and gatherings on weekends. cars and coffee.
It's been in the News paper. I have a framed copy of that.
It's been on Yahoo! Autos website in an article as well.
currently has 92K on it.

I have the SVT docs. Oasis report. Car fax report. booklets and a window sticker.

Paint is 9.5 of 10.
freshly painted new bumper . no rock chips or bugs.
interior is 9.9 -10 steering wheel top leather is drying out some.
I priced out getting it recovered. 350$

Carr currently needs :
#1 Tires on the stock chrome wheels are getting questionable. 3-4/32's left.
If you were going to keep stock wheels it will need tires soon.
If you were going to put on some Steve approved® true forged wheels and tires, then you wont care it needs tires. stock wheels are mint. no mount marks no curb damage.

#2 the stock front original lip is showing some wear. its about 7/10.
complete and entirely there. but shows some rash.

#3 the stock original exhaust pipes are showing some age/corrosion.
If you were going to put on your own 3 inch stainless bassani exhaust, then you dont care. I was going to put on some sexy pipes.. but i wouldn't want to choose pipes for someone else.

Car can be sold As-is. new owner puts on some CCW's and a catback of their choice. BAMM awesome mystichrome.

Car can be sold 100%. Ill put some new nice tires on the stock wheels. Ill put on a nice stainless exhaust hanging off the back. and buy a new ford lip. but it will cost about 1500$ more. 800+ for tires. 300+ for lip. 300+ for good used catback.

What would you valve the car at.

On SVT forums for sale
On local craigslist for sale.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
All of our cars are only worth what somebody is willing to pay....that being said, if i were looking for a Mystichrome coupe, and yours showed up, I would go with the $20K range as it, and MAAAYBE 22K-23K with everything 100%.

Can you post up some pics?

Last edited:

masterjr33

Established Member
00V0V_hrVxzHjOKJ9_600x450.jpg00c0c_jvcIHz4DjSZ_600x450.jpgCAM00166.jpg

bssmith1220

Established Member
For reference I paid 24k for a 40k mile mystichrome vert about two months ago. It is a very clean car and had very little mods when I bought it. I will say that I think I paid a little too much. But the car was clean, I knew the seller, and I wanted a mystichrome vert only.

masterjr33

Established Member
definatly more than i will be looking for. I am thinking 18 as is 20 K if i set it to 100%.

but as any enthusiast knows. the vehicle forum price is normally a little lower than random craigslist price.

anyone else have any recent purchasing or selling experience with a mystichrome wanna chime in.

Weslsew

Established Member
I think you'll have no problem selling it quickly for 18. I think I saw you driving on San Jose one day some time ago.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
All of our cars are only worth what somebody is willing to pay....that being said, if i were looking for a Mystichrome coupe, and yours showed up, I would go with the $20K range as it, and MAAAYBE 22K-23K with everything 100%.

Can you post up some pics?

This sounds like a good starting price area considering the miles. Car looks pretty good overall from the pics. That will help you some. GLWS.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I would guess that the car would actually sell for something in the high teens. Front license plate bracket is a turnoff for me. It's really not a "stock car" once you de-mod it, but I get what you're saying. Here is what I always ask myself when buying a car, specifically a Terminator...

Does it have any paint work?
How are the seats? Sidebolsters really busted up?
How about the third break light? Cracked?
What about pinch welds and underbody?
All factory glass intact?
Any fogging/condensation in the headlights?
Clutch still tight?

masterjr33

Established Member
I would guess that the car would actually sell for something in the high teens. Front license plate bracket is a turnoff for me. It's really not a "stock car" once you de-mod it, but I get what you're saying. Here is what I always ask myself when buying a car, specifically a Terminator...

Does it have any paint work? yes new front bumper and front end paint.
How are the seats? Sidebolsters really busted up? nope . looks great.
How about the third break light? Cracked? third brake light is perfect and uncracked. all bulbs work
What about pinch welds and underbody? no idea. car not really beat on so i doubt it.
All factory glass intact? yup.
Any fogging/condensation in the headlights? nope. they are crystal clear
Clutch still tight? clutch feels great and holds fine.

stock or not. the first thing someone does to these is pulley tune and K&N filter.
if i put a paper filter in and put the original pulley back on and untuned it.
car would be stock. but i feel doing a pulley and tune only saves a potential buyer a few hundred dollars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread