price match?

lightning_2001

Established Member
i was reading a post from a member and they said they had a price of 172 for hankooks RH06 in 295-45-18. in my area they have them for 192. so i changed my search area to illinois and they were for 182. i checked discount tire direct and they were 172. i call my local DT and asked if they would price match that price and the guy said they werent gonna compete against themselves. will they match other companys but not there own? is there a 1800 number or cust. service # were i can find out if they should match it. thank you
its for 4 tires by the way..

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i was reading a post from a member and they said they had a price of 172 for hankooks RH06 in 295-45-18. in my area they have them for 192. so i changed my search area to illinois and they were for 182. i checked discount tire direct and they were 172. i call my local DT and asked if they would price match that price and the guy said they werent gonna compete against themselves. will they match other companys but not there own? is there a 1800 number or cust. service # were i can find out if they should match it. thank you
its for 4 tires by the way..

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Our stores may have slightly different prices based on the overheads at their location/region/state. They are usually pretty good about matching competitors prices but they are not required to do so. In store purchases do come with added services and warranties that competitors and online prices don't include. example, In-store purchases for tires come with a FREE pro-rated road hazard warranty, online purchases do not.

If we can help you with an online purchase please let us know. Anyone here would be happy to help you with your order 1.888.459.4080.

-Travis

lightning_2001

Established Member
thanks alot for the response. its just that ive read several posts online where DT would match onlinetires. when i asked the guy from my local DT about price matching he would get offensive like i was trying to rob him. he said those are companys that spring up and streal your $$ then disappear. onlinetire has been around 15 years. my question is would DTD match onlinetires's $662.36 shipped for 4 hankooks RH06 in 295-45-18?

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sure thing, we will match their delivered price give us a call: 1.888.459.4080 Anyone here will be happy to help you.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lightning 2001,

If you haven't already made your puchase please PM me your name and a phone number. Your local store would like to help you with your order.

:)

txc_09mgr

Low price promise.

Travis- thanks for the help!

Lightning_2001,

Please give me a call at 956-796-0117, so we can get these tires ordered for you, and honor our low price promise. Thank you for letting us know your concerns. I would love the opportunity to take care of this for you!

Sincerely,

Mark Smith
Manager TXC 09
Laredo, TX 78040

lightning_2001

Established Member
thanks alot travis. you were alot of help. i knew when i got tires i wanted them from discount tire and you and mark have just assured that my purchases will be from discount tire. thank you again and ill call mark tomorrow.

lightning_2001

Established Member
i just have to say that travis is one stand up guy. he could have just matched the price and had my business but now he has my respect. he got ahold of my local DT's manager and had him contact me on here. travis i will definitely be referring people your way bro. thank you

Users who are viewing this thread