Price Point Opinions

ntspdy

Looking for some collective wisdom here. I have a 1993 Cobra I’m looking to put on the market but have no idea where to price it. It’s a red with black cloth with CD, sunroof, power seat, 100% stock never modified, zero accident car. All the original body panels, windows, and OEM equipment is in place and working. The paint is pristine and there’s no dents or scratches with the exception of a few rock chips on the hood/bumper. Car has low 80k miles but it legitimately shows as a 20k car. Know how hard it was for me to find an unmolested red black cobra especially with a sunroof and CD so determining a price has been hard. Any ideas?

LS WUT

Established Member
Looking for some collective wisdom here. I have a 1993 Cobra I’m looking to put on the market but have no idea where to price it. It’s a red with black cloth with CD, sunroof, power seat, 100% stock never modified, zero accident car. All the original body panels, windows, and OEM equipment is in place and working. The paint is pristine and there’s no dents or scratches with the exception of a few rock chips on the hood/bumper. Car has low 80k miles but it legitimately shows as a 20k car. Know how hard it was for me to find an unmolested red black cobra especially with a sunroof and CD so determining a price has been hard. Any ideas?
How many owners does it have? Do you have all of the original keys, owners manual, window sticker, any of those things? A car in this market is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. A vast majority of the lower mileage ones are hanging around $45k. There’s one local to me with 27k miles for $49,999. It’s red as well. Florida car, so no rust etc. there are a few 93 cobra owners on this forum who could probably weigh a better idea for you in that regard. Possibly posting some photos of the vehicle will help others as well. Just don’t let others offer you money on it, then you’ll have to post for sale thread on here to avoid to mishap. Best of luck to you sir. Maybe @TK1299 could shed some light, or maybe even @Bdubbs.

q6543

Established Member
40k probably sells in a month or 2... if not drop into 30s based on your want to sell.

ntspdy

How many owners does it have? Do you have all of the original keys, owners manual, window sticker, any of those things? A car in this market is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. A vast majority of the lower mileage ones are hanging around $45k. There’s one local to me with 27k miles for $49,999. It’s red as well. Florida car, so no rust etc. there are a few 93 cobra owners on this forum who could probably weigh a better idea for you in that regard. Possibly posting some photos of the vehicle will help others as well. Just don’t let others offer you money on it, then you’ll have to post for sale thread on here to avoid to mishap. Best of luck to you sir. Maybe @TK1299 could shed some light, or maybe even @Bdubbs.
I’m the third owner. Have the original keys, owners manual, window sticker, cobra brochure, even have the Bondurant driving school brochure that was given to the new owners. Problem I have pricing it is there are plenty of recent sales for 93’s with leather but a red with black cloth and one that hasn’t been modified I can’t find any examples of any sales.

WillyB93

Established Member
I’m the third owner. Have the original keys, owners manual, window sticker, cobra brochure, even have the Bondurant driving school brochure that was given to the new owners. Problem I have pricing it is there are plenty of recent sales for 93’s with leather but a red with black cloth and one that hasn’t been modified I can’t find any examples of any sales.
For some reason the black interior red cars seem to bring a premium, they also don't come up for sale very often. With it having a sunroof some will like that some may not. I agree with what was posted ^^ throw it out for 40kish and sit and wait. There was a 9k mile leather car posted yesterday for 75k. www.facebook.com/groups/150007111676119

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you considered putting it on BaT. Fox bodies are getting a premium there. From what describe of your car, I think you could definitely get 40-45K no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread