Pricing Question Need help?

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I am in the market for a gently used last gen GT500. Should I expect to pay 90k+ to get one of these?

1FASFKR

Established Member
Yes. It amazes me how well low mileage unmolested 2020 model years are holding value. Consider yourself lucky if you find one in the $85k - $90K range under 5k miles like that. A non-CFTP optioned GT500 that is....

Last edited:

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for a few more opinions. I know we have several dealer guys in here!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I was in the market in the spring and mid to low 80s for handling pack with Recaro was norm.

I passed on a heritage edition non Recaro for 85k and a hugger blue with Recaros for 89k FWIW.

CFTP were mid 90s at the time.

Look hard and don't be quick to pull the trigger.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Everyone wants their specialty cars to "hold value" but being 10-12k over MSRP two model years old? Are dealers giving above 80K for trade in on these?

1FASFKR

Established Member
I was in the market in the spring and mid to low 80s for handling pack with Recaro was norm.

I passed on a heritage edition non Recaro for 85k and a hugger blue with Recaros for 89k FWIW.

CFTP were mid 90s at the time.

Look hard and don't be quick to pull the trigger.

You may have found a couple rare deals. But none of what you just said is/was norm from a perspective of under 5k miles.

Last edited:

techi14

Established Member
You would find the best deal buying from a previous owner direct, rather than a dealer more than likely. I've seen some under 20k mileage base non recaros for mid 80s. Good luck!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
You may have found a couple rare deals. But none of what you just said is/was norm from a perspective of under 5k miles.

You are not looking hard enough. I had my choice at 85k and ended up with a mint ZLE for 62k.

30 sec on BAT produces the following results.

Maybe the market has moved +10k in a couple of months but I doubt it.

1FASFKR

Established Member
You are not looking hard enough. I had my choice at 85k and ended up with a mint ZLE for 62k.

30 sec on BAT produces the following results.

Maybe the market has moved +10k in a couple of months but I doubt it.

A) Oh I'm not looking...anymore. I ordered (Feb 2nd 2022) and bought my 22 GT500 $3555 below my window sticker. It's called MSRP + price protection. Tech, handling, vinyl stripes, CF dash, car cover.

B) Modded examples and nowhere near unmolested norm. Modded almost always brings less money. To your credit tho you did provide some proof. Never see those prices with that low mileage in TX.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
A) Oh I'm not looking...anymore. I ordered (Feb 2nd 2022) and bought my 22 GT500 $3555 below my window sticker. It's called MSRP + price protection. Tech, handling, vinyl stripes, CF dash, car cover.

B) Modded examples and nowhere near unmolested norm. Modded almost always brings less money. To your credit tho you did provide some proof. Never see those prices with that low mileage in TX.

Step 1. Type Auto trader into your web browser.
Step 2. Distance "any"
Step 3. Search by price.

There are more trading <85k than at 90k LOL.
1686671819426.png

1FASFKR

Established Member
I don't see anything under 5k miles listed. And if you re-read my post #2 I did say under 5k miles bring $85k-90K. Non-CFTP.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Step 1. Type Auto trader into your web browser.
Step 2. Distance "any"
Step 3. Search by price.

There are more trading <85k than at 90k LOL.
View attachment 1797063

LMAO! Seems easy enough (for most of us)

To OP -- you can absolutely find them in the low-mid 80's all day M-S and 2x on Sunday.

They're out there for the patient ones who will work for a deal.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
^ and FYI the heritage and grabber blue that I passed on for ~85k were 0 miles. Spend 5 min on the interweb and you can find them all day long. Chicago Motor Cars has a golden ticket CFTP for $100 if that is what you are interested in 3k miles.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^ and FYI the heritage and grabber blue that I passed on for ~85k were 0 miles. Spend 5 min on the interweb and you can find them all day long. Chicago Motor Cars has a golden ticket CFTP for $100 if that is what you are interested in 3k miles.

Pffft! That's not MSRP PLUS PRICE PROTECTION bruh !!!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I keep my eye on these for the just in case I feel like crossing back over moment...@klaus experience is what I've been finding.

And here OP, this was posted today. If not a scam, this is a deal

682d7a7c01458188cf219063d632fada.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Thanks to all the posted. I never really consider BAT as a viable search, but I will now.
It is viable as it will tell you the sale price it went for if it did sell, or it will say that it didn't meet the reserve and didn't sell. Either way, that shows the true market for them. It also shows that a private seller might be willing to take less than the normal reserve prices you see as they wouldn't have to pay the BAT fees.

Users who are viewing this thread