pro 5.0 shift handle ?'s

03DSG

what shift handle can I get that doesnt put my hand 1/8 inch from the hvac controls in 1st, 3rd, 5th. I have the pro 5.0 shifter and the stock handle puts my hand really really close to the dash.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I got the triax handle on my pro 5.0 and like it a lot. Its in closer the stock position and about the same shape.

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
If you're interested, I have a tri-ax handle for sale. When I got the tri-ax shifter, I already had an MGW handle, so I never tried the tri-ax handle. It does appear to be shaped better than stock.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I use the Kona Racing Titanium handle.

I have compared all handles. UPR's handle is a COPY of MGW's. MGW's handle will bring the handle the furthest forward closest to the driver, but the shift knob will always sit at an angle. User preference.

The Tri-Ax handle is identical to the Kona Racing, except that it is made of solid titanium (so there's no way it would ever bend) and it's a 1/2 inch shorter than the tri-ax. I like the Tri-Ax and Kona handles because it leaves the shift knob straight UP like stock or the pro 5.0 handle.

The stock and Pro 5.0 handles are crap.

Users who are viewing this thread